PDA

View Full Version : PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.009i)

MBushell
05-01-2004, 10:33 PM
PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.009i)

BibleWorks Automatic Update Notification
Date: 05/01/04 at 21:32:43
Title: PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.009i)
Description:

This update adds an experimental feature. It is a master index to the BibleWorks HTML Help Modules. To access it click on the link at the end of the Resources Menu. I am not sure how useful this is, but at least you can do searches across all the modules. Lexicons are not included because the format is different but we may add those later. The Index should automatically determine what modules you have installed and display only those.

As an example try opening up the master index and typing "waw consecutive" (include the quotes). It allows you to search all the grammatical resources at once.

Instructions:
To access these downloads go to the <Help|BibleWorks on the Web|Check for Web Updates...> option and follow the directions. This is a PREVIEW version intended for TESTING purposes. To access the file you must enter the word "preview" in the Updater Access Code Dialog, accessed from the Options Menu.
If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Official BibleWorks announcements section.

Affected Files:
books_sbl.bna | [init]
bw600.exe | [program]
bw600.map | [program]
bwgrkl.ttf | [program]
bwmaster.chm | [databases]
default.dwd | [init]
shellexec.txt | [init]

jdarlack
05-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Looks fine Mike! Great addition!

Will there be a way to search Greek and Hebrew eventually, as is allowed in the Lexicon Browser?

~Jim

pastorsteve
05-03-2004, 01:06 AM
When I tried to download the patch, BibleWorks would not shut itself down to allow the installation to complete.

I cannot find the folder in my Patches folder, nor can I try to download it again, even after I type "preview."

MTan
05-03-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi Steve-

When you run BibleWorks and open the updater, try enabling "Show downloaded patches". That will show patches, even if they have already been applied.

Hope that helps!
Michael

pastorsteve
05-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Strangely enough, even when I open the "Show Downloaded Patches" option, the file does not show up. It is like the file was lost in the ether. :)

MTan
05-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Hi Steve-

Are you sure "preview" is typed in the access code window?

Do other previously applied preview patches appear in the list?

Michael

Gilbert Salinas
05-03-2004, 01:34 PM
GREAT asset!!!!

Thanks for continuing to improve an already FANTASTIC Bible Program!

Gilbert

Philip Brown
05-03-2004, 04:35 PM
I am not sure how useful this is,
I find it helpful to be able to access all the modules from one window, rather than having to individually open them. This in itself is an (unintended?) improvement in my estimation.

pastorsteve
05-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Are you sure "preview" is typed in the access code window?

Do other previously applied preview patches appear in the list?
Michael,

I have typed "preview" in the access code window, but nothing comes up. I haven't applied any other preview patches, but when I enable "Show Downloaded Patches," the other patches I have downloaded do show up.

pastorsteve
05-03-2004, 06:24 PM
I went to the BibleWorks website and grabbed the update. It installed just fine and looks like it will be a useful resource. Thanks!

Greg Ward
05-04-2004, 03:17 PM
I have noticed this problem for a while. It probably has to do with my Win98 and IE, so I haven't reported it. I updated to ver 6.0..9i and still noticed it. I can't get it to repeat every time. When I select Resources | Gram. References | Bibleworks Paradigms, and then select the Hebrew group and then one of the weak verb groups, the display window someimtes stays at the top of the Greek section. If I use the vertical slider or use a up/down arrow key, sometimes I've noticed it will jump to where I selected and other times it just jumps to the beginning of the Hebrew section. Today, after several clicks in the index and then try to get it to jump using the slider bar, I moved the slider all the way down and could only get to the Hebrew strong verb (as if the rest didn't load). Usually if I close the HTML Help window and pull it up through the menu again, the HTML index works fine.

Thanks for the great program,
Greg Ward