PDA

View Full Version : 7.0 Thanks (Robertson Greek Grammar)

MBushell
08-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Update: Robertson Greek Grammar (7.015m)
Date: 08/02/06 at 16:21:02

Robertson's Greek Grammar of the New Testament in the Light of Historical Research has now been posted for download by 7.0 users. To get the update go to "File | BibleWorks on the Internet | Check for Updates" on the BibleWorks Main Menu. We are offering this to 7.0 users to say thanks for supporting BibleWorks. The project is mostly finished but we are working on 2 final items: (1) a more thorough proofing for typos and (2) about 30 tables in the Addenda to the 3rd edition which will be added shortly when some manpower gets freed up to type them in. If you find any typos please let us know. Enjoy!

We thank Ted Hildebrandt who graciously provided the original text, and Glenn Weaver (of BibleWorks) who spent several weeks doing tedious formatting to get the data into a clean CHM file, integrated with BibleWorks.

This is a NOT a preview version. No access code is needed to download this patch.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

Michael Hanel
08-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Wow, Christmas in August. Sweet :)

Dan Phillips
08-02-2006, 10:43 PM
You guys so rock! Seriously!

< dabs tears >

My brief review (http://teampyro.blogspot.com/2006/05/bibleworks-7-brief-review.html) on Pyro

My longer review (http://bibchr.blogspot.com/2006/05/bibleworks-7-review.html) on my blog

smacg
08-02-2006, 11:46 PM
I am delighted to have this Greek resource -- especially at a price that can't be beat! :):)

Scott MacGregor
SIL-Philippines

Jonhenry
08-03-2006, 02:26 AM
I continue to be thankful for all of the work put into BW7, and now even more. Thank you.

sandersann
08-03-2006, 03:00 AM
Amazing!

Thanks for a great resource at a great price :)
Your work and ministry is greatly appreciated

Alain

SCSaunders
08-03-2006, 08:07 AM
We are offering this ... to say thanks ....Back at ya bro!

We thank Ted Hildebrandt who graciously provided the original text, and Glenn Weaver (of BibleWorks) who spend several weeks doing tedious formatting to get the data into a clean CHM file, integrated with BibleWorks.Thank you!

Jonhenry
08-03-2006, 06:52 PM
From the bit I've been able to use Robertson today, it seems that one of the cons attached to this grammar is significantly alleviated in the electronic format. Most who have used and reviewed the actual book will agree that the organization is a little unruly. That's not an issue now, with the hyperlinks. (Unfortunately, there's nothing technology can do to fix his case system or the outdated theories of aspect...).

As a NT guy, I really like being able to quickly access BDF, Wallace, and now Robertson on issues of syntax. Thank you again to the men at Bibleworks!

By the way, I noticed that Ted Hildebrandt has Moulton's Prolegomena and other nice dandies on his page!

Gontroppo
08-04-2006, 06:45 PM
I paid Logos good money for the Robertson Grammar, and the wonderful BibleWorks folk are now offering it for free, or "included in the price."

Jonhenry
08-04-2006, 09:06 PM
I would make a comment about some of the public domain items that L. charges good money for, but that is beyond the topic of this thread.

gcalton
08-08-2006, 11:12 AM
I would just like to say thank-you for the generous gift. This is a grammar is of great use. Though it is a little out dated, I have found it extremely valuable when preparing papers, sermons, biblestudies and etc. Once again thank-you Bibleworks for all your hard work. These resources are wonderful.:)

John M Krinke
08-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Mike,
You guys do a fabulous job, getting such an outstanding older work based upon the 8 case Greek grammatical view. The 8 case view takes the position that a form is not a case (translating idea), but only the vehicle which carries the case ideas:
Form 1. Nominative, -with slight variation, Vocative

Form 2. Genitive, Ablative

Form 3. Locative, Instrumental, Dative (I put them in that order for student memory simplification "the Lid cases")

Form 4. Accusative

I have taught 1st year, 2nd semester students who transferred from 5 case institutions who could not do simple translations because they had not been early taught the 8 basic case ideas. Robertson would have been a mentor of Dana & Mantey's work on Greek syntax, which is a great work for the 2nd year student. I look forward to a short time before Dana & Mantey are in the public domain.

Thanks again for a wonderful resource!:):)

John M Krinke

Glenn Weaver
08-11-2006, 09:28 AM
One feature of the BibleWorks edition of Robertson that should be useful are the links between the Addenda and the text. In the print edition there is no way to know if there is a 2nd Edition Addenda or a 3rd Edition Addenda entry. But in the BW edition, there are links below the page number in Robertson if there is a 2nd or 3rd Edition Addenda entry.

Glenn

Gospelizer
08-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Unbelievable! Thanks. BibleWorks is the best!

lamonte
08-25-2006, 06:17 AM
I am thankful for all of the work put into BW7.

LaMonte

Integ
09-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Is there a way to download Robertson's without the update feature? My Bibleworks computer in my study is not connected to the internet.