PDA

View Full Version : command center verse list

ronsnider
07-17-2006, 11:45 AM
In versions 3-4, you could get an entire verse list for a chapter by typing in something like book 1.1--book 1.20 on the command line and the entire list of verses would appear in the verse list window. This appears to not work in versions 5 and beyond. \

Why the change and is there some other way to get an entire chapter to the verse list window easily?

Ron Snider:eek:

Adelphos
07-17-2006, 12:21 PM
In versions 3-4, you could get an entire verse list for a chapter by typing in something like book 1.1--book 1.20 on the command line and the entire list of verses would appear in the verse list window. This appears to not work in versions 5 and beyond.

It works fine for me. I can type "mat 1:1-mat 2:1" (without the quotes) and that entire range of verses is displayed in the browse (verse list) window.

ronsnider
07-17-2006, 12:36 PM
what version are you currently running. I am running 5.0.038s on XP and have a friend running version 6.0 on XP and neither of us can get it to work. When I type in what you did, I get nothing in the verse list and the info window changes to the verses in the range I typed in.

Ron

Philip Brown
07-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi, Ron,

Open Verse List Manager (VLM)
Add reference range (e.g., mat 1.1-2.1)
Highlight reference range in VLM window
Choose Export to CC (6.0) or Export to Search Window (7.0)

I don't have 5.0 still installed, but I don't think the VLM has changed much since 5.0 so it should still work.

Philip

Adelphos
07-17-2006, 02:25 PM
what version are you currently running.

I'm using 7.0, but I am almost certain this worked in 5 and 6.

ronsnider
07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the responses. I cannot get the list to come up in the verse list by typing the command on the command line, which I know I used to do in earlier versions. I opened the VLM and type in the range, and it indeed comes up, but with the complete range in the NAS and below that the complete range in the GNM. It used to have the English translation and the Greek morphology with each verse then move to the next verse etc. Is there some convenient way to accomplish this?

Ron

Adelphos
07-17-2006, 04:23 PM
It used to have the English translation and the Greek morphology with each verse then move to the next verse etc. Is there some convenient way to accomplish this?

Are you sure you're not in browse mode?

If you're in browse mode instead of single verse mode, then I'm pretty certain that's your problem.

ronsnider
07-19-2006, 10:18 AM
I am not in browse mode, but it seems to change it to browse mode on its own when I type in a range of verses. When I export the list to the editor, it has the English range of verses and then the GNM range of verses. :confused: