PDA

View Full Version : What Bible Version Would You Like To See Added To The Master List?

song_robin
07-13-2006, 02:08 PM
What Bible Version Would You Like To See Added To The Master List Installer?

Post your replies to this thread and perhaps the missing version you're looking for can be added to the Master List Installer soon!

You Can Help! If you can help provide the text itself or point to a link where the text can be viewed/downloaded, this will greatly increase the chances of your version making it to the Master List Installer! We can currently convert *most* files into BibleWorks from the following formats: DOC (Word), TXT, PDF, HTML, BBL (e-sword), SWORD_PROJECT, and a few more.

Current versions: Here are the versions available in the most current Master List Installer:

- 20V (Twentieth Century New Testament (1902))
- ABC (Apostles' Bible Complete (2004))
- ACV (A Conservative Version (2005))
- AKJ (American King James Version (1999))
- ALT (Analytical-Literal Translation NT (2000))
- AMP (Amplified Bible, The (1965))
- ASM (Mark In Anglo-Saxon)
- BIB (Bishops' Bible (1568))
- BWE (Bible In Worldwide English NT (1969))
- CEV (Contemporary English Version (1995))
- CLV (Concordant Literal Version NT (1926))
- COM (The Common Edition: New Testament (2002))
- CVB (Coverdale Bible (1535))
- EMP (Emphasized Bible, Rotherham's (1902))
- EMT (English Majority Text Version NT (2003))
- FCT (14th Century English Text)
- GGM (Gospel Of Mark In Gothic)
- GRT (Greek Bible Transliterated 1.1)
- GSN (Goodspeed NT (1923))
- HNV (Hebrew Names Version of WEV)
- HRV (Holy Bible Revised Version (1885))
- ISV (International Standard Version NT (1998))
- J2K (English Jubilee 2000 Bible (2000))
- JTE (Jerusalem Targum English)
- KJR (Restored Name King James Version)
- KLV (Klingon Language Version of WEV)
- LEE (Leeser Translation OT (1853))
- LIT (Literal Translation Of The Holy Bible (2000))
- LVO (Living Oracles NT (1826))
- MAC (Mace NT (1729))
- MAM (Marcion's Apostikon Morphology (Galatians))
- MAT (Marcion's Apostikon (Galatians))
- MKJ (Modern King James Version (1962))
- MSG (Message Bible, The (2002)) - temporarily removed
- MON (Montgomery NT (1924))
- MOF (Moffatt NT (1913))
- MRC (Messianic Renewed Covenant (2003))
- OJB (Orthodox Jewish Brit Chadasha (1996))
- OKE (Targum Onkelos In English By J.W. Etheridge)
- PHP (J.B. Phillips NT (1958))
- RKN (Revised King James NT (2000))
- RNT (Riverside NT (1923))
- TEV (Today's English Version (Good News Bible) (1992))
- TRC (Tyndale-Rogers-Coverdale-Cranmer Bible (1537))
- TYN (Tyndale Bible (1534))
- TYO (Tyndale Original NT (1526))
- UPD (Updated Bible (2006))
- WAS (Worrell NT (1904))
- WEV (World English Bible)
- WNT (Weymouth New Testament (1912))
- WSL (Wesley NT (1755))
- WYC (Wycliffe Bible (1395))

Blessings,

Robin

Dan Phillips
07-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Modern Language Bible (formerly the Berkley Bible).

song_robin
07-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Modern Language Bible (formerly the Berkley Bible).

Hi Dan,

I just modified post #1 with a little detail I forgot to mention. I tried looking up your version around the internet with little success. Do you know where a copy of this version can be obtained in an electronic format?

Thanks,

Robin

Dale A. Brueggemann
07-14-2006, 06:10 AM
What Bible Version Would You Like To See Added To The Master List Installer?Robin

Modern Language Version (formerly Berkeley Version)
NEB - New English Bible
REB - Revised English Bible

Dan Phillips
07-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Here are some pages on the MLB, at least:

http://www.kenanderson.net/bible/modern_language.html
http://www.olivetree.com/store/catalog/Modern-Language-Bible-New-Berkeley-p-16626.html

kimuspr
07-15-2006, 02:25 AM
I really want....
A Spanish Version: Cipriano de Valera (1865)

1865 La Santa Biblia Version Cipriano de Valera Spanish Bible Facsimile.

Can I get it soon?
I hope...

Thanks,

song_robin
07-15-2006, 02:38 AM
I really want....
A Spanish Version: Cipriano de Valera (1865)

1865 La Santa Biblia Version Cipriano de Valera Spanish Bible Facsimile.

Can I get it soon?
I hope...

Thanks,

Do you have a text I can work with? I found a few texts at this website that I could probably convert, but I am not sure if the text you're looking for is there. Here's the website:

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Resort/4367/cipriano.html

Let me know if there is one on there that you'd like converted and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Robin

kimuspr
07-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Robin,
It really is amazing.
How did you find it?
I've just check the file and then sent it to you by e-mailing.

Spanish Cipriano de Valera NT (1865)
Code: may be SCV

I will waiting your great job again.

Haejin,
PS. Thank you for the Spanish Version SEV!!!!

kimuspr
07-16-2006, 02:05 AM
New International Reader's Version

I gonna look for its text file.
Thanks,

markus
07-17-2006, 01:47 PM
I would like to see the Talmud and/or the Mishna

standown
07-18-2006, 12:22 AM
a text (and morphology?) version of the Samaritan Pentateuch would be useful. it's available on accordance, is it planned for bibleworks?

Ewan MacLeod
07-21-2006, 10:24 AM
I would also like to see the Talmud and Mishnah, either in Hebrew or English. Let me know if anyone knows anywhere on the web where these are available in text or HTML format.

yugu
07-23-2006, 06:45 AM
You can find them on the Mechon-Mamre site:
www.mechon-mamre.org (http://www.mechon-mamre.org)
I don't sure about their copyright policies though.

Jonhenry
07-23-2006, 10:53 AM
One may also find e-sword modules of the Babylonian Talmud, the Mishna, the Kitzer Shulchan Aruch at http://www.thesword.us/ebibles/index.html
(Scroll to the bottom of the page)

jdarlack
07-23-2006, 05:39 PM
You can find them on the Mechon-Mamre site:
www.mechon-mamre.org (http://www.mechon-mamre.org)
I don't sure about their copyright policies though.I contacted Mecon-Mamre to ask for permission to convert their texts into BibleWork format. Unfortunately they responded with a rather adamant "no." So, I stopped work on the project, as I could not distribute it in good conscience. I have a feeling that I was refused for less than "objective" reasons, so perhaps someone else could contact the organization and seek permission.

jdarlack
07-23-2006, 05:43 PM
One may also find e-sword modules of the Babylonian Talmud, the Mishna, the Kitzer Shulchan Aruch at http://www.thesword.us/ebibles/index.html
(Scroll to the bottom of the page)Wow. This is a great site. I looked over the Mishna translation that is provided, and it looks as if it is Neusner's translation - a copyrighted text. The text itself would be relatively easy to transform into a BibleWorks database, but alas if the text is in copyright it could not be distributed! I'm giving the website the benefit of the doubt regarding copyright and asking them how they received permission to distribute Neusner's translation. If they can clue me in how to distribute the text legally, then i'll be happy to convert the files for BibleWorks users and distribute them. Otherwise, we'll have to wait for BW to pay for the rights or for someone to find a public domain (or copyleft) translation!

Jonhenry
07-23-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm giving the website the benefit of the doubt regarding copyright and asking them how they received permission to distribute Neusner's translation.
I just found the site yesterday, ironically at the same time as I read this discussion. Hopefully this isn't another case of a private person commiting copywrite infraction -- I've seen that a time or two on e-sword module sites, and it can be very deceptive of the hosts to not mention that we are sharing in stolen property. I hope that isn't the case here!!!!

Bergo23
07-23-2006, 11:02 PM
I know, I know most people don't consider this much more than a "loose paraphrase" But Peterson was one of my seminary professors and he knows more greek and hebrew in his little toe than I will ever hope to have as a seminarian.......with 3 years of Gk and 2 of Hebrew..........he was at Hopkins in Semitics before he got Married and went into the pastorate.

I don't know how BW gets "authorization" for translations to be included in "base package"...........but I could talk to Eugene, and he probably can authorize NavPress to makwe it available?! Just a thought.

Michael Hanel
07-23-2006, 11:49 PM
I don't know how BW gets "authorization" for translations to be included in "base package"...........but I could talk to Eugene, and he probably can authorize NavPress to makwe it available?! Just a thought.

Email the BW staff about that. I'm not in the copyright business, but it seems this stuff is always more sticky than we as users would wish, but if authorization is as simple as you make it sound, I am sure users will welcome the addition :)

http://www.bibleworks.com/ideas.html

Gontroppo
07-25-2006, 12:59 AM
You could wonder why e-sword could have The Message at no charge, while it is not available in BibleWorks.
I spose the situation with e-sword is diferent from BibleWorks as e-sword is free. Or am I off-base?

Dan Phillips
07-25-2006, 08:34 PM
I believe that The Message is no longer available in E-Sword; it was withdrawn.

Bennett B. Wethered
07-25-2006, 11:44 PM
**Actually, The Message is currently available in E-Sword; there is an 'unlock' fee.**

I was curious whether my copy of E-Sword has The Message translation, and it doesn't. Reason? I chose (when it became available almost 3 years ago) not to spend $9.99 "to purchase the security key" (as E-Sword puts it on their website, at http://www.e-sword.net/msg.html ).

It looks as though The Message, the NASB, and the Amplified Bible are the Bible modules for E-Sword for which a person would be charged an 'unlock' fee. I assume that Rick Meyers, who produces E-Sword, must have a licensing arrangement with the copyright holders of these translations.

If our BibleWorks folk are so inclined (The Message isn't that great a draw for me), they can do likewise. As it is, I'm glad that we're no longer getting for free something for which we should pay.

"The laborer is worthy of his wages." (Luke 10:7; 1 Timothy 5:18)

Brian K
07-31-2006, 07:43 PM
I would like to see the following Arabic versions for BW:

Smith-VanDyke
Kitab Al-Hiyaat
Today's Arabic Version

Brian

onefear
08-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I would like to see the Revised Standard Version Second Catholic Edition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_Standard_Version_Catholic_Edition) if it isn't already in there (haven't checked recently).

Dunk
08-20-2006, 11:54 PM
I would love to see the Ante Nicene Fathers in Greek (or Latin, depending on which Father).
Peace
Dunk

Shawn
10-02-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't know if such a thing exist anywhere but I'd like to see a list of all the verses (with the text) quoted by "early church fathers".

Chris Lovelace
10-21-2006, 01:15 PM
It would be a HUGE help to have some RUSSIAN and SLAVONIC resources for missionaries in the former USSR doing textual work.

We would REALLY, REALLY like to have the following modules:

1. Kuznetsova Russian New Testament, based on Nestle-Aland GNT
2. Old Church Slavonic Bible (Also called the Elizabeth Bible)

I would personally like to see the following added as well:

1. 2 Enoch in Old Slavonic
2. The Goetze Russian Bible, in pre-Revolutionary script
3. The Sefer Yetzirah in Hebrew

I whole-heartedly agree with the many Bible Works users keeping our fingers crossed for the SAMARITAN PENTATEUCH to become available.

Is there any word on potential availability of the ALEPPO CODEX?

Richard Syed
11-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Has anyone produced a digital version of the New English Bible (NEB, 1961-1970) or the Welsh Bible of Bishop Morgan (1588)?

Thankful1
03-14-2007, 05:21 PM
I would like to get the KJ3 by Sovereign Grace Publishers. They have it online in PDF format

Here is the url:
http://www.sovgracepub.com/bibles/LiteralPages.htm

I do not know if they have any restrictions to adding it to Bibleworks or if royalities are needed.

MEJ Buijs
03-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Would it not greatly stengthen BibleWorks' scholarly punch if all those versiones were included which the BHS sees fit to give as regular witnesses? Say, for starters,

- the Samaritan pentateuch
- the Samaritan targum
- the Old Testament peshitta

as well as sorting out the now somewhat jumbled LXX text according to manuscript.

Aside from such scholarly desiderata, I would personally greatly welcome the addition of three renowned Jewish translations:

- Saadia Gaon's Tafsir (Arabic)
- Moses Mendelssohn's Bi'ur (German in Hebrew characters)
- Buber & Rosenzweig's Die Schrift (German)

I would be interested, if I can, in helping making these texts available to the BibleWorks community. Being an ignoramus when it comes to building a BibleWorks database, though, I'm not quite sure how to proceed properly, so I would greatly appreciate it if someone might point me to a FAQ. Something on copyright law might also be useful...

As for the Misnah and Talmud, obviously they would be a tremendous asset to have, yet it seems to me these are works of such magnitude, and of a scope so far extending beyond any direct relevance to the biblical text, that their use for biblical exegesis and research would be far outweighed by the stupendous effort it would take to properly include them. I'm tempted to say the Talmud might be better served with its very own TalmudWorks!

Kind regards,

- Martijn Buijs

markus
03-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I have a running version on Bibleworks, but the books are still under copyright.

MEJ Buijs
03-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Ave Marce!

Much interested to hear you have a the Buber/Rosenzweig version up and running in BibleWorks. I've long been a great admirer of their extraordinary translation effort, both for what it does with the Hebrew bible and with the German language.

No doubt there are many like me in the BibleWorks community who would love to see it made available; but if, as you say, there is still copyright in place, we might just have to wait for the good people at BibleWorks themselves to license it for us all.

One question, though. I already own a well-thumbed print copy of Die Schrift - the Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft four-volume paperback edition. Now, this conceivably means I could for my personal use enter the text in BibleWorks.

Yet entering hundreds and hundreds of pages of text on my own, when a suitable electronic form exists, seems like a dreadful waste of time, especially when I could better use that time to enter Saadia Gaon's tafsir (the Derenbourg edition of which, at least, is no longer under copyright) which others might also profit by.

Provided, then, that you will take my word as a scholar that I already own Die Schrift, and shan't hand it out to all and sundry, might you be persuaded to allow me the use of the text?

eu prattein te kai eu zen,

- M.E.J. Buijs

MEJ Buijs
03-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Dear Robin -

In your list of available modules you mention Wycliffe,
yet I can't seem to find it in the master list at the old
in the new page. Did I overlook something? I would
dearly love to have Wycliffe, and would be grateful
if you can point me to it.

Yours,

- MEJ Buijs

Chris Chen
03-23-2007, 02:53 AM
CUV Chinese Union Version

It is available in e-sword and Sword Project.

Greg Ward
03-23-2007, 11:27 AM
There was some discussion about the CUV in http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647
There were some copyright issues. Message one of the authors to find out the details. Depending on how you own it, you might be able to use their help to compile it for your own use.

Robert Shultz
09-19-2007, 02:42 AM
here is a link to a web site that has a number of the versions you are looking for.
http://www.thechan.com/content/view/4/13/

berniebond
09-25-2007, 05:12 AM
I would like to see the Translation of Hermann Menge (http://www.die-bibel.de/online-bibeln/menge-bibel/lesen-im-bibeltext/) if possible with codes of course

and a codes Version of the most Common German Version, the Einheitsübersetzung.

b.

sentbygod4
09-26-2007, 11:41 PM
i am looking for the orthodox jewish bible and the the hebrew names version i have the ojb in my e-sword files and would like to converet it to Word Search but I have not found a way to do it yet

berniebond
09-28-2007, 05:02 PM
I have a running version on Bibleworks, but the books are still under copyright.

Kann ich irgendwie zu dieser kommen?

LG
b.

metallurge
10-14-2007, 07:22 AM
I know it's not even out in print yet, but are there plans to include this? It looks very interesting, from what I can read about it here (http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/nets/edition/).

qohelet
10-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I know it's not even out in print yet, but are there plans to include this? It looks very interesting, from what I can read about it here (http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/nets/edition/).

This is really nice!!! I hope we can incorporate this to Bibleworks.:)

fbriansmith
11-30-2007, 03:56 PM
I would like to see the Narrated Bible added to the BW Master List.
I have been looking for an electronic version of the Narrated Bible by F. LaGard Smith, but have been unsuccessful in finding one.

Thanks,
Brian

papabear22
12-11-2007, 05:00 AM
...of course I realize there probably isn't a LOT of demand for this, but I'd like to see it because I'm in the process of compiling it!

Aloha,

Les Pedersen
Keaau, Hawaii

Willem Swanepoel
12-27-2007, 04:14 AM
i am looking for the orthodox jewish bible and the the hebrew names version i have the ojb in my e-sword files and would like to converet it to Word Search but I have not found a way to do it yet

Hi,
I am happy to try and convert Bible versions from e-Sword to BibleWorks. Send versions you want converted to wjswanepoel@gmail.com

Regards,
Willem Swanepoel

Dan Phillips
12-27-2007, 10:10 AM
To play my own broken record once again: I wish that The Modern Language Bible were available. I'd think it'd be PD by now, but don't know. I only see that a PDA version (http://www.olivetree.com/store/product.php?productid=16626) is available electronically.

Willem Swanepoel
12-28-2007, 04:24 AM
There is copyright on this version (held by Hendrickson Publishing)

Regards,
Willem Swanepoel

Willem Swanepoel
12-28-2007, 06:40 AM
The only version that I can find for the PC is at:

http://www.wordsearchbible.com/scripts/displayproduct.cgi?productid=1717

This comes at $19.95 and can be accessed through Bible Explorer (which is free).

Regards,
Willem Swanepoel

Dan Phillips
12-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks, Willem. I'm checking that out now. They've got HCG Moule and other books I've not seen elsewhere, free! Hope someone Libronixizes them, and Alford.

Matt Harmon
12-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know of a Greek transliteration version (similar to the transliterated Hebrew OT already in BW7)? I am working on a commentary and would love to be able to simply copy and paste from a version rather than manually do the transliteration.

Thanks,

Matt

Adelphos
12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know of a Greek transliteration version (similar to the transliterated Hebrew OT already in BW7)? ...

Depending on what transliteration scheme you are looking for, you can export one of the BW Greek databases to a text file and then simply copy and paste from that. Of course, you'll have to either accept that particular scheme, such as "j" for final sigma, and so forth, or else do global replaces, but either way, this should simplify your task considerably.

danzell
01-12-2008, 10:41 PM
(ISRV) the Institure for Scripture Research version would be a great addition as well as the Hebraic Roots Version. see www.isr-messianic.org/

matan
01-13-2008, 10:39 PM
The Swedish Bibel 2000, as the 1917 version is no longer used.

D Hsu
01-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi, I posted the same question on the Chinese Bible discussion thread also. Is it possible to have the Lu Zheng Zhong version of the Chinese Bible in BW? This is an early translation but it is still valuable for its highly literal approach. The public domain files for both the simplified and regular Chinese are available for download at the digital Bible society site:

http://www.digitalbiblesociety.org/bibles.htm.

Thank you for your help. I am a new user of BibleWorks and I am really excited about this tool.

Have a blessed day.