PDA

View Full Version : Word Tips

jltstigall
07-12-2006, 02:24 PM
I've created a custom vocabulary list and would like these definitions to show in the word tips box. Right now, it seems that the word tips box is pointed to gntvoc.vrc. How can I point it to the file I've created?

Alternatively, is it possible to change the definitions in the gntvoc file without the tedious task of cutting and pasting each definition between the two files. I've opened the gntvoc.vrt file with Excel and tried to make changes there (in the hopes that I could select the definitions in the custom file and paste them over the gntvoc definitions), but the changes don't appear in the vocabulary module or the word tip box.

Thanks.

Charlie
07-13-2006, 02:21 PM
If you make changes in the gntvoc flashcard set the changed definitions will also appear in the word tips.

At present there's no way to define which file is used on the fly.

Be sure to read the Help article on the Flashcards as there are some issues with using Excel as an editor for the VRT files. I would recommend just editing the gntvoc flashcard set within the Flashcard tool itself. You'll see that the file that is changed by this is the VRC file. If you export the changed VRC file it will be exported as a VRT file.

jltstigall
07-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Thank you for the reply. In order to work around the issue I moved the gntvoc.vrc file to another folder and renamed the .vrc file I had revised "gntvoc.vrc." The word tips now show the definitions I had revised. (I renamed the original gntvoc.vrc and moved it back to the BW7 init folder.)Will this cause problems in the future . . . ?

Charlie
07-14-2006, 12:34 PM
I don't think so.