PDA

View Full Version : How do I create my own Hebrew Vocab?

CBK78
07-09-2006, 01:35 AM
I am refreshing my Hebrew and I was wondering how I can customize a vocab specifically for Hebrew according to a certain list. Please help. Thanks.

Cliff

Columcille
07-10-2006, 03:33 AM
What I've done may not be exactly what you are wanting to do, but it's worked nicely for me.

Open the BibleWorks flashcard module, load the BW Hebrew file, and go to file -> export. This will output a text file with all the BibleWorks definitions included. I search the BibleWorks file for specific entries and paste them into a new file of my own creation. I generally tweak the entries a little to match the definition and chapter number of the book I'm wanting to match. This gives me the definitions I need, arranged by the chapter order I want, but includes all the lemma and frequency data for BibleWorks.

When the text file is ready (or just ready to test out) go back to the flashcard module and do file -> import to load your own file into BibleWorks.

The help system has some good info on setting up your own flashcard file.

song_robin
07-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Go to your BibleWorks 7\init folder and you should see a few .vrt files there.

You can open any of these with Microsoft Excel and you'll see how the information is stored in a vocab file.

Use these files as a template for creating or customizing your own vocab files.

When you save, Excel should save the file as a text (tab delimited) file.

Robin