PDA

View Full Version : Gregory

wie
07-03-2006, 10:41 AM
I am wondering why the text of

Caspar Rene Gregory
"Textkritik des Neuen Testaments"

a work of 1300+ pages, after all, and still an indispensible tool for textual criticism, cannot be accessed from the Resources tab.
It is also not mentioned in the help data.

For all those who are looking for it: It is at the end of the Tischendorf apparatus. There you will find part of von Soden's work, also.

I, personally, would have taken a bit more freedom and sort all the material according to the current Gregory-Aland numbers. At least a list with those numbers and links to the relevant pages is desirable. The way it is now, it looks like halfway stopped. I would also suggest to go through the text with a spelling aid and also remove all those annoying hyphens, left within words.

Besides, THANKS! (to Clint Yale?)

PS: Tischendorf was the hidden treasure of BW 6.

Michael Hanel
07-03-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm not exactly sure on the WHY's on Gregory's text. It is rather difficult to find. It could be that BW staff hasn't put in a lot of time (comparatively, that is) on this particular resource. I know they said there are a lot of big changes (probably code changes, not necessarily things we would see) that are undergoing to make room for the two Text Crit resources upcoming (Swanson and CNTTS -- part of the reason why those are the latest of this batch of modules to come out). It could be something that will be better implemented when those come out, but I am only guessing....