PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew fonts Look Aramaic?

NumberMan
07-02-2006, 11:06 AM
I was just going to run a search using the bibleworks keyboard - Hebrew

It was inputting in English rather then the Hebrew letters so I updated just now to the latest version and now it looks Aramaic when you select Hebrew for the language.

Anyone else getting this and if so I can send the bug in. Makes searches a little harder. Also even the Aramaic inputs english letters. I have the WTT as the search version.

Ben Spackman
07-03-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm on vacation, and don't have BW with me, so I haven't seen this update. But I don't understand what you mean by "Aramaic" here, since most modern editions of the Hebrew Bible use the same font for Hebrew AND Aramaic. Our normal "square" Hebrew font is actually the Aramaic script developed in Babylon, and Hebrew script is now "archaic" Hebrew script.

Do you mean BW is using the Syriac (Arabic-looking) font? Enclose a screen-shot? Be more descriptive?

NumberMan
07-03-2006, 10:19 PM
I would love to attach a pic if that were supported without requiring a link to the image.

The more I look at it I'm not sure what the characters are. They almost seem Arabic in a way. I know they aren't Hebrew. These are Hebrew:

אבגדהוזחטיכלמנסעפצקרשתךםןףץ

NumberMan
07-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I just updated today 7-3-06 and it looks like they repaired that error.

All good now! :)

MWMiles
07-10-2006, 12:47 AM
I just updated today 7-3-06 and it looks like they repaired that error.

All good now! :)

Owell.. I thought that maybe we had a new Paleo font to play with. :(