PDA

View Full Version : Color Key Words

cdclayton
06-25-2006, 02:57 PM
I would like to take all the forms of several Greek words (nomos, pistis, pneuma, etc.) and color them in BNT of Romans. How do I go about doing this? I have played around with the color editor and see how to change the color of a search word but not how to do that for several words.

Thanks,

Charles D Clayton Jr

Adelphos
06-25-2006, 04:18 PM
I would like to take all the forms of several Greek words (nomos, pistis, pneuma, etc.) and color them in BNT of Romans. How do I go about doing this?

Set your search limits to the book of Romans, and make your search version BNM (morphological version). Now do a search that will find only nouns. For example --

.*@n*

If you don't want all of these nouns, you can use the WLM (Word List Manager) to compile an exclusion list, etc. Or, you can specify in the actual search which words you want, i.e. --

/pistij*@n* nomoj*@n* pneuma*@n*

And so on.

cdclayton
06-26-2006, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the help but I can see that I was not clear in my request. My ultimate goal is to print out the BNT of Romans with various words that I consider significant colored different colors. For instance, I would like all the forms of nomos blue and all the forms of pistis red, etc. I have about a dozen different words that I will color.

In the past, I have just dumped everything into a word document and then did global replaces for each form of the words - which is time consuming. I was hoping that there was something that BW7 could do to speed it up.

Thanks,

Charles D Clayton Jr

Adelphos
06-26-2006, 10:21 AM
For instance, I would like all the forms of nomos blue and all the forms of pistis red, etc.

If you make BNM your search version (not your display version), and have BNT as one of your display versions, then this will give you all the forms of nomos --

.nomoj*@n*

You can now use the color file to automatically color all of these forms in the BNT.

You can also simply type .nomoj without the other codes if you're using the BNM as your search version, but if you want to make sure your search is specified within a certain grammatical syntax, then it's always safe to include the extra codes.