PDA

View Full Version : Equipping Your BibleWorks with Extra Bibles & Books

song_robin
06-25-2006, 04:09 AM
Attention all guests and new members to the BibleWorks forum!

There is an installation package that is now available for download from this forum that will allow you to upgrade your copy of BibleWorks with the following resources:

[Bibles]
- 20V (Twentieth Century New Testament (1902))
- ABC (Apostles' Bible Complete (2004))
- ACV (A Conservative Version (2005))
- AKJ (American King James Version (1999))
- ALT (Analytical-Literal Translation NT (2000))
- AMP (Amplified Bible, The (1965))
- ASM (Mark In Anglo-Saxon)
- BIB (Bishops' Bible (1568))
- BWE (Bible In Worldwide English NT (1969))
- CEV (Contemporary English Version (1995))
- CLV (Concordant Literal Version NT (1926))
- COM (The Common Edition: New Testament (2002))
- CVB (Coverdale Bible (1535))
- EMP (Emphasized Bible, Rotherham's (1902))
- EMT (English Majority Text Version NT (2003))
- FCT (14th Century English Text)
- GGM (Gospel Of Mark In Gothic)
- GRT (Greek Bible Transliterated 1.1)
- GSN (Goodspeed NT (1923))
- HNV (Hebrew Names Version of WEV)
- HRV (Holy Bible Revised Version (1885))
- ISV (International Standard Version NT (1998))
- J2K (English Jubilee 2000 Bible (2000))
- JTE (Jerusalem Targum English)
- KJR (Restored Name King James Version)
- KLV (Klingon Language Version of WEV)
- LEE (Leeser Translation OT (1853))
- LIT (Literal Translation Of The Holy Bible (2000))
- LVO (Living Oracles NT (1826))
- MAC (Mace NT (1729))
- MAM (Marcion's Apostikon Morphology (Galatians))
- MAT (Marcion's Apostikon (Galatians))
- MKJ (Modern King James Version (1962))
- MSG (Message Bible, The (2002)) - temporarily removed
- MON (Montgomery NT (1924))
- MOF (Moffatt NT (1913))
- MRC (Messianic Renewed Covenant (2003))
- OJB (Orthodox Jewish Brit Chadasha (1996))
- OKE (Targum Onkelos In English By J.W. Etheridge)
- PHP (J.B. Phillips NT (1958))
- RKN (Revised King James NT (2000))
- RNT (Riverside NT (1923))
- TEV (Today's English Version (Good News Bible) (1992))
- TRC (Tyndale-Rogers-Coverdale-Cranmer Bible (1537))
- TYN (Tyndale Bible (1534))
- TYO (Tyndale Original NT (1526))
- UPD (Updated Bible (2006))
- WAS (Worrell NT (1904))
- WEV (World English Bible)
- WNT (Weymouth New Testament (1912))
- WSL (Wesley NT (1755))
- WYC (Wycliffe Bible (1395))

[Other Books]
- ANF (Ante Nicene Fathers)
- APD (Lightfoot's Apostolic Fathers in English)
- BOM (Book Of Mormon)
- BUK (Hadith Al Bukhari)
- CDG (Ecumenical Creeds (German))
- CDL (Ecumenical Creeks (Latin))
- CRE (Ecumenical Creeds (English))
- CRG (Ecumenical Creeks (Greek))
- ENL (Laurence's Epistle Of Enoch)
- GTH (Greek Fragments Of Thomas Transliterated)
- HHG (Homer & Hesiod In Greek)
- HHJ (Homer (Older Editions))
- HHM (Homer & Hesiod Morphology)
- HJM (Homer Morphology For Older Editions)
- LTH (Lambdin's Translation Of The Gospel Of Thomas)
- MUS (Sahih Muslim)
- PAV (Pirke Aboth: Sayings Of The Fathers)
- PCL (Pseudo Clementine Literature)
- PJE (Targum Pseudo-Jonathan In English By Etheridge)
- POT (Pseudepigrapha Of The Old Testament By R.H. Charles)
- PTO (Plato's Works In Greek)
- QUR (Quran (Shakir))
- STH (Scholar's Translation Of The Gospel Of Thomas)
- WES (Wesley's Commentary On The Bible)
- XEN (Xenophon In Greek)
- YPH (Yonge's Translation of Philo)

[Vocabulary Files]
- Learn to Read New Testament Greek Vocabulary Files
- Mounce's BBG2 Vocabulary Files
- New Testament Greek Primer Vocabulary Files, A
- Regular Indicative Verb Paradigm Vocabulary Cards

[Synopsis Files]
- Synoptic Resources
- Synopsis of the Gospels
- Synopsis of Jude & Second Peter
- Synopsis of the OT in the NT
- Synopsis of the NT in the OT
- Synopsis of the Old Testament
- Synopsis of the Apocrypha & the NT
- Synopsis of Matthew & the OT
- Synopsis of the Gospel Of Thomas & The Gospels

[Book Name Files]
- Master List book name file (built upon Mark Eddy's)

The thread where the download is located is at this link:
http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1648

For more information on the contributors of these books (and their individual downloads) you can click here:
http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53

For those who are interested in the East Asian Language Bibles only (KOREAN, CHINESE and JAPANESE), click here:
http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647

(This list was last revised on 06/26/06)

Gontroppo
06-26-2006, 01:26 AM
Thanks Robin.
I got the stuff installed. Now what? Do I have to use the database compiler or is the extract so clever it did that too?
David McKay

Mark Eddy
06-26-2006, 01:55 AM
A note of caution: Some of the user databases listed here are already in BW7 in a somewhat different form. E.g. the Apostolic Fathers in Greek (which is not on your list, but I think it should be there) has been edited for BW7, so it may contain some corrections of the file that was made available as a user database, but (on the down side) the BW7 edition drops all punctuation, which is present in this user database. The "Schaff" Apostolic Fathers should be identical to what is in BW7, so downloading them shouldn't change anything, even if you overwrite the BW7 files. But there may be occasions if you get a bug in BW7 that you will want to disable user databases. By overwriting these files you will change a BW-native file into a user database, which may make it slightly less usable.
So, if you automatically download and install all these files, you will end up overwriting some files that now ship with BW7. There may be reasons that you might not wish to do that.
In summary, some of these files were left on the user database site primarily for the benefit of BW6 users. BW7 users may want to be cautious about overwriting files.
On the other hand, many of these files have been developed on BW7 and have not been tested on BW6. So BW6 users may not want to download all of them either.
Sorry if this puts a small bug in your great idea.
Mark Eddy

Gontroppo
06-26-2006, 06:47 AM
Hi Mark

So what can a geezer like me do who downloaded the self-extracting file and now has some user databases that are inferior to the BW ones?

I feel a bit silly!

Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Would updates to the BW files come in for files that have been made user ones?

David McKay
Confused
as usual

Mark Eddy
06-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi Mark

So what can a geezer like me do who downloaded the self-extracting file and now has some user databases that are inferior to the BW ones?
Would updates to the BW files come in for files that have been made user ones?
I wouldn't say that the user databases are necessarily inferior. (I wish BW7 had left the punctuation in the Greek Apostolic Fathers, and I don't think that anyone at BW proofread the "Schaff" Apostolic Fathers.) You shouldn't have any problem with these user databases, unless you create some (or get some from others) which don't work right. In order to find out which user database is causing the problems, you might have to turn them all off and add them back one by one. But that is a rarity (unless you are just learning to make your own user databases). So don't worry about it, and don't belittle yourself. If you use user databases at all, you are more knowledgable about BW than most users are.
Mark Eddy

song_robin
06-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Thanks Robin.
I got the stuff installed. Now what? Do I have to use the database compiler or is the extract so clever it did that too?
David McKay Hi David,
In reply to your first question, once you extract the files, BibleWorks should automatically detect the new books. Hope you already saw that even before reading this response.
Blessings!

song_robin
06-26-2006, 03:21 PM
A note of caution: Some of the user databases listed here are already in BW7 in a somewhat different form. E.g. the Apostolic Fathers in Greek (which is not on your list, but I think it should be there) has been edited for BW7, so it may contain some corrections of the file that was made available as a user database, but (on the down side) the BW7 edition drops all punctuation, which is present in this user database. The "Schaff" Apostolic Fathers should be identical to what is in BW7, so downloading them shouldn't change anything, even if you overwrite the BW7 files. But there may be occasions if you get a bug in BW7 that you will want to disable user databases. By overwriting these files you will change a BW-native file into a user database, which may make it slightly less usable.
So, if you automatically download and install all these files, you will end up overwriting some files that now ship with BW7. There may be reasons that you might not wish to do that.
In summary, some of these files were left on the user database site primarily for the benefit of BW6 users. BW7 users may want to be cautious about overwriting files.
On the other hand, many of these files have been developed on BW7 and have not been tested on BW6. So BW6 users may not want to download all of them either.
Sorry if this puts a small bug in your great idea.
Mark Eddy
Hi Mark,

Okay. I've revised the listing and found all the redundant entries. They are:
- MRD (Murdock Peshitta NT Translation (1851))
- PES (Peshitta)
- PHE (Philo, As Translated By Yonge)

I'm going to re-upload the master list again without these entries and provide the original files in another post for those who want them.
Thanks,

Robin

song_robin
06-26-2006, 04:42 PM
I did a quick check for the Apostolic Fathers and here are the results:

BibleWorks 7 comes with:
- APE (Apostolic Fathers English Translation)
- APF (Apostolic Fathers Greek Apparatus)
- APM (Apostolic Fathers Morphology Text)
- APL (Apostolic Fathers in Latin)

The 06/24/06 Master List Update List comes with:
- APD (Lightfoot's Apostolic Fathers in English)

So to clarify, this Master List does not overwrite the original Apostolic Fathers in Greek or in English, but rather, adds on an additional Apostolic Fathers (APD) by Lightfoot.

Blessings,

Robin

song_robin
06-26-2006, 06:27 PM
This is a "original book" installer for those who have installed the older 06/24/06 Master List Installer (not the updated 06/24/06 installer). The following books have been found to be redundant and shouldn't have been in the BibleWorks 7 Master List. These books were subsequently removed to create the updated 06/26/06 Master List.

- MRD (Murdock Peshitta NT Translation (1851))
- PES (Peshitta)
- PHE (Philo, As Translated By Yonge)

I do not know the difference between these books and the "original" BibleWorks 7 versions. These books may be identical, superior or inferior to the versions that come installed with BibleWorks 7. In any case, a download is now available for those who wish to have these 3 books restored to their original BibleWorks 7 versions.

You can download the fix here at either of these links:
[removed due to copyright issues]

This fix will rewrite these 3 books with the original versions that came with BibleWorks 7. Again, this fix is not necessary for those who have downloaded the newer 06/26/06 Master List Installer.

Robin

song_robin
06-26-2006, 11:25 PM
I believe that all good installers should have an exit door as well.
The uninstaller for the (06/26/06) Master List Update Pack is now available for download.

You can download it at either of these links:
[removed due to copyright issues]
This will permanently remove ALL of the resources mentioned in the (06/26/06) Master List including all of the East Asian Bibles.

Blessings,

Robin

Gontroppo
06-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks Robin!
I ran your fix.

Now, can anyone tell me how to see the copy of the Book of Mormon in my list, please?
How do I access it? Or do I need to install it with the version compiler?

song_robin
06-28-2006, 01:31 AM
Thanks Robin!
I ran your fix.

Now, can anyone tell me how to see the copy of the Book of Mormon in my list, please?
How do I access it? Or do I need to install it with the version compiler?

Hi David,

The BOM (Book Of Mormon) module will appear under the English Books just like any other module. You can type BOM in the search bar, or click on the Book drop-down menu and change to BOM that way.

You do not need the version compiler to view these books. But the original ddf/txt files are also included in this package for you to use the version compiler as well just in case.

One more note, this installer is not configured to work with BibleWorks 6 or earlier versions. If you have WinZip or WinRAR installed, you can however possible to extract the files manually for use with BibleWorks 6.

song_robin
06-29-2006, 02:30 PM
I've posted a new update to the Master List: BibleWorks Master List 06/29/06.

12 new Bible Versions included in this one!

Also now available for BibleWorks 6 users as well!

Go here to download the whole thing:

Blessings,

Robin

update: The new 07/04/06 Master List Installer is now available

song_robin
06-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Just an update on what the complete list looks like when installed:

Takes up 4 screens on a 1024x768 monitor -- and that's without most of the other languages installed!

http://img425.imageshack.us/img425/7611/list15ga.th.jpg (http://img425.imageshack.us/my.php?image=list15ga.jpg) http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/4740/list20wz.th.jpg (http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=list20wz.jpg) http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6246/list35ak.th.jpg (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=list35ak.jpg) http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/7493/list42th.th.jpg (http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?image=list42th.jpg)

update: The new 07/04/06 installer will now give you about 5 screens instead of 4.

Blessings,

Robin

nalsop
06-30-2006, 04:49 PM
I've posted a new update to the Master List: BibleWorks Master List 06/29/06.

12 new Bible Versions included in this one!

Also now availble for BibleWorks 6 users as well!

Go here to download the whole thing:

Blessings,

Robin

Am I right in assuming that I can install this if I am still using version 6 of BibleWorks. I am hoping to upgrade soon but money is tight...
Nick

song_robin
06-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Am I right in assuming that I can install this if I am still using version 6 of BibleWorks. I am hoping to upgrade soon but money is tight...
Nick
Yes, I just tested it on a machine yesterday running BibleWorks 6. It installs perfectly.

HOWEVER, you must take note of the install directory that it points you to at the very beginning of the installation. The default directory that it will point you to is: C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 7

You must manually change this to C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 6

And that's all.

Have fun!

song_robin
07-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone,

The new Master List Installer (07/04/06) is now available:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1648)

Enjoy!

Robin

song_robin
07-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone,

The East Asian Bibles have had a significant update and are no longer attached to the Master List Installer, but is now available here:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647

Enjoy!

Robin