PDA

View Full Version : creating flashcard set

Scott Wells
06-14-2006, 06:06 PM
I am having difficulty creating a new flashcard set (note: I am using BW6).
These are the steps I’ve followed thus far:

-exported the gntvoc.vrt file.
-opened up the file with MS Excel.
-changed the data that needed altering.
-saved the file in a “Text (Tab delimited)” format, changing the name to gntparse.vrt. When I do this a window opens that says, “gntparse.vrt may contain features that are not compatible with Text (Tab delimited). Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?” at which time I choose yes, which, according to Excel, "keep(s) the format and leave(s) out any incompatible features."
-opened the flashcard module and attempted to import the file, at which time it causes an error that shuts down BW.

What am I doing wrong? I am not the most computer savvy. I think some of the problem may occur in my ignorance of how to save the file in the correct format?

Thanks,
SA Wells

Michael Hanel
06-14-2006, 06:10 PM
I am having difficulty creating a new flashcard set (note: I am using BW6).
These are the steps I’ve followed thus far:

-exported the gntvoc.vrt file.
-opened up the file with MS Excel.
-changed the data that needed altering.
-saved the file in a “Text (Tab delimited)” format, changing the name to gntparse.vrt. When I do this a window opens that says, “gntparse.vrt may contain features that are not compatible with Text (Tab delimited). Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?” at which time I choose yes, which, according to Excel, "keep(s) the format and leave(s) out any incompatible features."
-opened the flashcard module and attempted to import the file, at which time it causes an error that shuts down BW.

What am I doing wrong? I am not the most computer savvy. I think some of the problem may occur in my ignorance of how to save the file in the correct format?

Thanks,
SA Wells

If you can post a link to the file someone else could probably download it and see if there is something wrong with your database. From the top of my head it looks like you were following the right steps, however.

Scott Wells
06-14-2006, 06:35 PM
That sounds great, unfortunately the forum attachment thingy won't allow me to attach the file. It says it is an invalid file. Is there another way to post the file?