PDA

View Full Version : Another fonts [for Hebrew] in Browser Window?

yugu
06-10-2006, 04:58 PM
I'd like to try browsing the Hebrew texts (e.g. WTT, QSM) in some font other then bwhebb.ttf, personally i very like the SBL's one.
Yet when i try to change it through the Tools/Options/Fonts/Browse Window Fonts and scroll the text afterward it's just a gibberish coming out.
Some ideas? Someone else tried that?

Adelphos
06-10-2006, 06:51 PM
I'd like to try browsing the Hebrew texts (e.g. WTT, QSM) in some font other then bwhebb.ttf...

rvpa al hz

At least I don't think it is (yet) possible. It would involve a lot of font remapping, I believe.

But I would also like (in the future) to see this, that is, to be able to swap fonts in the browse window.

Michael Hanel
06-10-2006, 08:21 PM
As I understand it this would be a major leap, likely not out until BW8 because I think they would not so much be interested in making the browse window fit other fonts so much as upgrading all of the texts and such to Unicode-based fonts. (I wasn't sure if you meant SBL's Unicode Hebrew font or something different)

As Adelphos said, theoretically I think you could use other non-Unicode fonts if you had them mapped to the same characters as BibleWorks. I asked Mike Bushell once about why you can't just view the browse window in Unicode since BW can export things in Unicode and he said it was a lot more complex than I thought it was and that the entire architecture behind the browse window, the searching techniques, etc. would have to be changed because of how characters are used.

yugu
06-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks friends...
Well, i hope that the BW team will turn to the Unicode as soon as possible, finally it would just rise up the BW abilities.

αδελφοσ - you should use the right dotted ש as in word משיח down in your signature, but you are on the right way!!!
:)

Adelphos
06-11-2006, 06:26 PM
αδελφοσ - you should use the right dotted ש as in word משיח down in your signature, but you are on the right way!!!
:)

I am using the right dotted one. Is it not clear?

But I'm glad to hear you are also evidently on the right $rd :p

yugu
06-12-2006, 05:17 AM
rfpa al hz

??????????

Adelphos
06-12-2006, 10:52 AM
??????????

I thought you were talking about the shin in my signature, but now I see you are referring to the shin in efshar. Yes, this is a typo, as I rarely ever type Hebrew with the BWHEBB font. Thanks for the correction.