PDA

View Full Version : Greek/Hebrew Paradigms

wolga
04-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Hello !

When are the Greek/Hebrew Paradigms shown in the BW6 brochure availlable in BW 6 ?

In Christ

Wolfgang

jdarlack
04-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi Wolfgang, the paradigms are already in version 6. In the tool bar go to "Resources" and then "Grammatical References" and then "BibleWorks Paradigms." Both Hebrew and Greek Paradigms are available.

~Jim

MTan
04-22-2004, 04:05 PM
You can also get to it through the Lexical & Grammatical help window (which tracks with the mouse!).

Michael

wolga
04-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Hello Jim & Michael,

thank you for your very quick responsew to my question. The hints you gave me opens the help file. But I do not get the appropriate paradigm for a Greek or Hebrew word under the mouse cursor (page 5 within the brochure).

There is no checkbox in the options flags:

Extract from Help 'Results Window Configuration Options':

Show Grammatical Paradigms for Hebrew and Greek If this option is on Grammatical information will be displayed when the mouse cursor passes over a Greek or Hebrew Word. This option is under development and is in a very early stage.

Maybe I have not understand how this feature works:

I think it works like this:

If I move the cursor over a greek or hebrew word, it shows me all word forms of the appropriate word. For example: legw

legw
legeij
legei
etc.

as shown in the examples of the help file: lu,w

Present Active Indicative of lu,w

S

lu,w

I loose (am loosing)

lu,eij

you loose (are loosing)

lu,ei

he looses (is loosing)

Pl

lu,omen

we loose (are loosing)

lu,ete

you loose (are loosing)

lu,ousi(n)

they loose (are loosing)

I hope you understand what I mean

Wolfgang

frankenfro
04-23-2004, 09:46 AM
if i understand your original question correctly, make sure the word is highlighted. you can then right-click on the word and select "Lexical and Grammatical Help (New)" to bring up the help display. One of those options should be "BibleWorks Greek and Hebrew Paradigms." If it still doesn't show, then on that help display, select "Grammars" and make sure "BW Paradigms" is selected.

Hope this helps or is what you're looking for; sorry if it isn't.

SCSaunders
04-26-2004, 04:45 PM
if i understand your original question correctly, make sure the word is highlighted. you can then right-click on the word and select "Lexical and Grammatical Help (New)" to bring up the help display. One of those options should be "BibleWorks Greek and Hebrew Paradigms." If it still doesn't show, then on that help display, select "Grammars" and make sure "BW Paradigms" is selected.

Hope this helps or is what you're looking for; sorry if it isn't.
I found this very helpful.

Thank you!,

Scott