PDA

View Full Version : Pseudo-Clementine...

yugu
06-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Hi people,
There is a .txt file inside the archive posted here, Pseudo-Clementine Literature is in it: Epistle of Peter to James, Epistle of Clement to James, Recognitions, Homilies.
It's an early christian writings, which go back to the first centuries (2-3 approximately). Some of those texts even belong to the jewish stage of the religion.
Should be helpful to every scolar, whose interest is in the History of the Early Church.

Michael Hanel
06-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi people,
There is a .txt file inside the archive posted here, Pseudo-Clementine Literature is in it: Epistle of Peter to James, Epistle of Clement to James, Recognitions, Homilies.
It's an early christian writings, which go back to the first centuries (2-3 approximately). Some of those texts even belong to the jewish stage of the religion.
Should be helpful to every scolar, whose interest is in the History of the Early Church.

Cool, can you provide more information with the files too such as what text they're based on or a list of books included, book name aliases, etc.? Looks like it's essentially from the Ante-Nicene Fathers volume containing Pseudo-Clement stuff?

yugu
06-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Hi Michael,
The books that are included there I've already wrote, see the names of the two epistles and Homilies and Recognitions in the post itself.
Now about the texts - I'd better turn you to the site, wherefrom I actually have them taken:
http://www.searchgodsword.org/his/ad/ecf/ant/pseudo-clementineliterature/view.cgi?file=anf08-28.htm
The page given above is the short but sufficient introduction into this area of Early Jewish Christianity (or, maybe, about 'sectant' deviations from it - depends on how you'd put it :) ).
By the way, I'd like to post the Church History of Eusebius too, but i ran out of my post-quota, do you have any idea how can i deal with this?

yugu
06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
oh, i fogot the names...
here the file with the names...

Michael Hanel
06-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi Michael,
The books that are included there I've already wrote, see the names of the two epistles and Homilies and Recognitions in the post itself.
Now about the texts - I'd better turn you to the site, wherefrom I actually have them taken:
http://www.searchgodsword.org/his/ad/ecf/ant/pseudo-clementineliterature/view.cgi?file=anf08-28.htm
The page given above is the short but sufficient introduction into this area of Early Jewish Christianity (or, maybe, about 'sectant' deviations from it - depends on how you'd put it :) ).
By the way, I'd like to post the Church History of Eusebius too, but i ran out of my post-quota, do you have any idea how can i deal with this?

You would have to host the file on any webspace that you have and then you provide a link to that webspace. If you don't have a place to host it email me via these forums and I'll host the file for you.

yugu
06-08-2006, 04:42 AM
i've no hosting space (at least for now)...
Yet i see no option to attach the files to the mail via the forum - is something wrong or maybe better to send it to yout regular e-mail?

jdarlack
07-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi Yugu, thanks a bunch for these files (and the potential of the Eusebius files!)

Say, who is responsible for the translation of these texts into English? Also, if you send a message to me via the forum, I can host this file along with the Eusebius files on the new BibleWorks blog http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org.