PDA

View Full Version : How To Add To a *.bna File?

pastorsteve
04-21-2004, 05:01 PM
I just installed the Book of Mormon and the Qur'an in BibleWorks (thanks for all the hard work :) ). I also downloaded and opened the books_2.bna file. In the Qur'an download was a text file suggesting I add "SUR, Sura, SUR, SUR" to the book name file. Is there any way to add that wholesale to the *.bna? I see that by clicking on the "Def," I can edit aliases, but I couldn't not find a way to add an entry? Where am I going wrong?

Thanks.

wie
04-22-2004, 02:39 AM
The file is in the .../Bibleworks 6/init/ directory.

It's an editable text file.

pastorsteve
04-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks. When I open it in Microsoft Word and then go to resave it, the program gives me several saving options. Should I save it as a Plain Text File (the default the program gives me) or will another option allow me to save it as a properly modified *.bna file?

Thanks again.

Joe Fleener
04-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Microsoft Word and then go to resave it
Thanks again.
If you are using MS Word, then plain text is what you want.

For editing these type of files, it would probably be easier to just use notepad.

pastorsteve
04-22-2004, 01:08 PM
For editing these type of files, it would probably be easier to just use notepad.
Thanks. Notepad was just what I needed. Using Microsoft Word was like hunting squirrels with a bazooka!

Mark Eddy
04-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Remember that when you add to a .bna file you should leave no space after the commas between entries.
I also apologize for not including the SUR entries in the books_2.bna file that I offered to you. I'll try to make an updated books_2.bna file available soon. Thanks for catching this.