PDA

View Full Version : Order of Bible Books in Results Window

D Leavins
06-02-2006, 08:53 AM
All-
Is there any way to have the results of a search appear in the order of the books in the Hebrew Bible? For example:

Gen 2:2, Isa 5:1, 2 Chr 4:9

instead of:

Gen 2:2, 2 Chr 4:9, Isa 5:1

(My list is obviously much longer or it wouldn't be much trouble.) I have found a way to manually change the order of the books (under View: Change Verse List Sort Order), but that would take a bit of work manually and I was wondering if there is a simple command for this. Thanks-

Danny

Michael Hanel
06-02-2006, 09:16 AM
All-
Is there any way to have the results of a search appear in the order of the books in the Hebrew Bible? For example:

instead of:

(My list is obviously much longer or it wouldn't be much trouble.) I have found a way to manually change the order of the books (under View: Change Verse List Sort Order), but that would take a bit of work manually and I was wondering if there is a simple command for this. Thanks-

Danny

I think you could do this but you'd have to Export the WTT/WTM (Tools : Export Database) and then in the text files re-arrange the books in the order you want them to appear and then re-compile those files as a different version in the Version Database Compiler

Michael Hanel
06-02-2006, 01:29 PM

Danny

On second thought, now that I think about this, the Verse List Sorter would probably override any rearranging you did of the books. In any event, changing the list order is much easier from this little pop-up than exporting, rearranging and importing....

Mark Eddy
06-02-2006, 02:18 PM
All-

instead of:

Danny
As far as I know you can't view these three verses in the same results window at all (It's called the "Browse window" in BW7). I think you're talking about the list in the "Search Window." As far as I know the list of verses in the search window always follows the default order, which is basically that of NRS. So, no, at present you can't get the list in Hebrew canonical order. But if you write to "support" you might request the ability to change this.
Mark Eddy

D Leavins
06-02-2006, 02:22 PM
O well, I guess "Change Verse List Sort Order" is the only way. It would be much better, I think, if the results for a WTM search would display automatically in the proper order for that text. Hopefully the BW staff can address this (if there is not a solution already that I don't know about). Accordance, for example, does diplay its Hebrew searches in the proper order for the Hebrew Bible (and English for English in the proper order). So I know that it can be done with this kind of software.

Danny

EDIT: Thanks Mark. I'll do that.