View Full Version : Advance Search for Jesus' Syntax
I am attempting to formulate a comparison between the syntax of Jesus (his words-in red) and that of Mark. Would anyone be willing to give me some pointers on the best way of constructing this search? I would like to focus on dissimilarities in tense and word ordering.
04-22-2004, 08:48 PM
The steps to start would be:
1. Identity all verses in a given (or all) gospel that are typically considered the words of Jesus.
2. Go to Tools | Options | Search Limits
3. Add a custom search range with these references. (I did this will all the Aramaic in Ezra when doing my dissertation. See the range labeled 'Ezra's Aramaic' for an example.
4. Add the inverse of that custom search range so that you can search the non-Jesus text.
5. If you already have ideas about what would be unique to Jesus' syntactical speech patterns, start looking for those.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.