PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Bible Hyperlinks in Notes

kpurcell
05-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Am I missing something or is not possible to generate hyperlinks in your notes to bible verses automatically. For example if I type in John 3:16 into the notes editor, I want it to automatically turn that into a link to a that version in the browser window or a popup. I see how to create one manually (a little clunky compared to say e-Sword where you can highlight and press CTRL+J). But can I set an option somewhere tucked away to do this automatically like in WordSearch?

Michael Hanel
05-24-2006, 04:53 PM
It would definitely be one that I would say users should ask BW programmers very nicely about. I would definitely appreciate a quicker way to add linking :)

pretty, pretty please :)

kpurcell
05-24-2006, 09:33 PM
I guess what you are saying then is that there is not functionality like this yet.

Well then PLEASE!! I beg of you.

Philip Brown
05-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi, Michael and Kevin,

Try this:
1. type the reference
2. highlight reference
3. right-click and choose Insert | Link
4. Verify desired version--if no change needed, hit enter.

Admittedly steps 3 and 4 are a couple clicks longer than Ctrl + J, but the program does have to know which version you are wanting to link.

Michael Hanel
05-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the part I'd like is that when you've clicked Insert Link, the pop-up by default has the link set not to what you've highlighted, but whatever verse/reference is currently in the Browse Window. That's the extra step I'd like to save, so that it would have in that pop up link verifier, not the browse window verse, but the actual verse I've highlighted.

Just a timer saver....

kpurcell
05-27-2006, 11:09 AM
My whole point in posting this issue to begin with was that I was hoping I had missed an option somewhere that allowed this to happen automatically so that I did not have to do anything but type in the reference. In WordSearch, which I use for the content, has this. Problem is their over all notes feature is not as good as BW.