PDA

View Full Version : "Clear tab 1" -- "No!" -- Huh?

Dan Phillips
05-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Okay, so I have a list of search results on tab 1. I right-click tab 1. Top selection on the popup menu is "Clear tab 1." I select that.

Up pops a window that says "You cannot clear the active tab."

Huh?

So... why is there a "Clear tab 1" option if, as is evidently the case, it will never, under any circumstances, do anything except prompt a popup that says "Sorry, can't!"? It's like a button with a sign "Press here," and when you press it, a voice says, "Hey hey hey! Don't press this button!"

(Yes, I know that the way to clear tab one is to go [say] to tab two and select "Clear all tabs except current." My question isn't how to clear the active tab. It is, Why is there an option which apparently is designed never to work?)

And, just to be clear: my respect for the BW7 programmers and you guys is such that I am assuming I've missed something, and that you can point me to it. What have I missed?

Columcille
05-22-2006, 11:02 PM
If you are in tab 2, you can clear tab 1, so "clear tab 1" becomes relevant - sometimes. That said, I do wish it were possible to clear the active tab.

vr8ce
05-23-2006, 08:53 PM
... My question isn't how to clear the active tab. It is, Why is there an option which apparently is designed never to work?)
The short answer is probably because nobody mentioned it before. :) The longer answer is that the way tabs work changed rather dramatically during beta, which changed how and when clears could be done (if I remember correctly, it was possible to clear the active tab prior to the changes).

Of course, the real answer is "Dr., it hurts when I do this." "Then don't do that!" :D

Vince

millenia05@earthlink.net
05-25-2006, 06:54 PM
I confess that I came into the forum with the urge to ask, what would probably prove to be redundant questions. Seeing as how I came to this conclusion after reading some of the posts.

It seems that there is some problems with the twelve tabs for controling searches and that the programers are aware. So will hold my questions and or gripes until things have run their course.

Rather than place another post, let me say thanks to the BW folk for a fine job. And it is hard to emagine no glitches with so much to work with!!