PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks 7 User Guide - free to download

Ewan MacLeod
05-14-2006, 05:10 PM
I have started writing an independent User Guide for BibleWorks 7. I have released it under the GNU Free Documentation Licence. The PDF is available for free download, and in the near future I hope to publish the User Guide on LuLu so that people can obtain printed copies.

The User Guide is only about 90 pages so far, so this is still early days. But if you want to see what it looks like so far, you can download both the PDF and the OpenOffice.org source from:
http://macleod.ewan.googlepages.com/bibleworks.html

I welcome feedback on this User Guide, so if anyone has any comments or requests, then please email me at macleod dot ewan at gmail dot com.
Let me know what is important, what chapters I should write first, what you think of the general style and layout, etc. I want users to influence the future content and direction of the User Guide. And the more positive and constructive feedback, the faster the project will be completed!

:)
Ewan MacLeod

paul
05-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Thank you, Ewan, for this great effort. I've only read 5 or 8 pages, but it gives me a handle already. I've used BW since 5, but the change in 7 and my work schedule have kept me from familiarity. This is a big help.:)

Adelphos
05-14-2006, 08:34 PM
I have started writing an independent User Guide for BibleWorks 7.

Looks very nice, Ewan. I hope you complete it.

Noel Fitzpatrick
05-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi Ewan

congratulations on and thank you for a most useful resource.

This will be particularly useful, as there is no manual for BW7 available.

I have read parts of your manual. It is very carefully, thoughtfully and accurately written.

It will be of great benefit to BW7 users.

Regards,

Noel.

Charlie
05-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Thank you Ewan. It is always helpful to have additional explanations available to people. Perhaps this should be posted on the user created files forum as well.

You might also include instructions for how users could contribute to the improvement of the manual. Have you considered Wikimedia?