PDA

View Full Version : Morph Exclusion

cdclayton
05-12-2006, 12:46 AM
I cannot seem to get the morph Exclusion to work on the report generator. If I want to exclude articles, prepositions and pronouns, what exactly do I put in the field?

Does it matter what version I am using in the Verse Range (aside from making the morph codes match)?

Thanks,

Charles D Clayton Jr

cdclayton
01-15-2007, 05:30 PM
I was having a problem with the report Generator and excluding certain forms. I went to look at the forums to see who had an answer and then discovered that I had the same question 7 months ago.

I was finally able to figure out the correct answer and I wanted to forums to have that answer so that if anybody else has the same problem, they will have the solution.

You need to put the morph code in like n for noun. My difficulty was that I was not putting the * for a wildcard (which is what I do all the time on the command line). To exclude two or more morphs, then you use each and enclose them together with brackets []. So [rdp]* would exclude pronouns, articles and prepositions (using BNM as the version).

What it amounts to is that I needed to read the help section a little closer as this is exactly what it said.

Blessings,

Charles D Clayton Jr