PDA

View Full Version : Bug in changing Notes directory

Ben Spackman
05-10-2006, 02:33 PM
I sent this to the support email and wondered if I was the only one.

I'm running 7.0.014m. I keep my notes in the My Documents/BWNotes folder, not within the BW7 folder, the default.

However, the new executable (and the last one) doesn't recognize this
change. I open BW, change the notes directory using the button, and receive a message that the directory has successfully been saved. I close and reopen BW, and it's reverted to the BW7/Notes folder, which I have no notes in.

Thus, every time I open it, I have to change my notes directory.

Adelphos
05-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Thus, every time I open it, I have to change my notes directory.

Same here. I am currently transferring K&D from eSword into a K&D notes folder for BW. Every time I restart BW I have to change back to the K&D folder, even though I close BW with the K&D folder active.

Adamsen
05-11-2006, 06:24 AM
I have the same problem, since May 6th. Georg

Michael Hanel
05-11-2006, 09:21 AM
I have the same problem, since May 6th. Georg

Until it gets fixed, esp if you are requiring user notes to be working well, it should be possible to simply go to your updates section and select already applied patches and reinstall a previous patch where the notes did work....

Adamsen
05-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Until it gets fixed, esp if you are requiring user notes to be working well, it should be possible to simply go to your updates section and select already applied patches and reinstall a previous patch where the notes did work....

I would like to be careful, as some updates require certain executables. If Mike authorizes a roll-back, then I would perhaps consider it. :)

Anyway, problems are usually fixed quickly, so I think I will wait these few hours. :D

Georg

MBushell
05-12-2006, 01:47 PM
This has been fixed and posted. The bug was introduced a couple of days ago when we made etensive changes to support network installations. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mike