PDA

View Full Version : Discussion of the Results of BW 7 Studies.

Noel Fitzpatrick
05-03-2006, 02:18 PM
It is outside the brief of these forums to discuss the conclusions arrived at from Biblical studies using BW 7.

However, recently in a post there was a reference to a very powerful paper on Textual Criticism, which I found illuminating.

Would it be possible to allow contributors to indicate the results of their studies in some way?

This suggestion would have many advantages. It would show:

(1) the power of BW 7 to study Scripture.
(2) how various features within BW may be used in studies,
(3) how the results of studies can be presented,
(4) other members of the BW forums what interests are being considered,
(5) how our own BW studies can be improved,
(6) how we might develop a deeper understanding of the Bible in all of us.

I am currently studying the use of the Bible in 1 Clement and how others would approach similar types of problems is of interest to me.

I hope you will give this suggestion consideration and reply to this post.

In Christ,

Adelphos
05-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I hope you will give this suggestion consideration and reply to this post.

Noel, you pretty much discuss anything you want in the non-BibleWorks Forum here --

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

I imagine this is the place to float the type of inquiries you are looking for.

Gontroppo
05-04-2006, 04:04 AM
I have often wished that we had such a forum. I think a lot of studies we do could easily be producing false ideas and I'd love to have a forum for evaluating the use of BW.

E G Someone might think that because John only uses a given Greek word a few times that therefore this means ...

Years ago I used a program written for Atari computers in which one of the tutorials had a cheeky search to perform: look up the number of times the phrase "baptism of the Holy Spirit" occurs in the New Testament. I wondered what conclusions people would draw from the results of this search.

Sometimes I think our searches are producing meaningless or erroneous data. [E g using the wrong database for your lemma search .] At other times the data is reliable, but what does it mean?

Dicussion of the results of our searches, etc would be invaluable.

David McKay
www.davidmckay.info (http://www.davidmckay.info)