PDA

View Full Version : Flashcard module style print from wordlist?

Karen Spray
04-29-2006, 06:18 AM
I am wondering if I am missing something here, but it doesn't seem possible to use a list from the wordlist manager to choose words in the flashcard module. This seems quite surprising, though I guess it might be to do with the flashcard module being a bit of an 'add-on' for beginners rather than fully integrated.

I would find this useful, because I really like the simple 'dictionary style' print out from the flashcard module as a quick aid in various situations, rather than producing a huge 'lexicon from a wordlist' through the wordlist manager. An alternative would be to extend the 'create a lexicon' feature to use the simple word-equivalency lists used by the flashcard module

For instance, I currently have a wordlist of all the words that appear in the same verse as any of the 'tsdk' words in the wtm - over a thousand words. I want to go through it quickly and pick out those which have related meanings for further study. Maybe there is a better way to do this, but it feels like a quick dictionary list and a highlighter would be the fastest way to go!