PDA

View Full Version : Do we have too much help

Noel Fitzpatrick
04-28-2006, 06:47 AM
Hello

In a systematic way I am trying to learn the capabilities of BW 7.

Is there too much help available? When looking up a help link, often I seem to be referred to one I have already accessed. I seem to be going around in circles. Is there any recommended approach to study all the options in a logical way?

Secondly, is it possible to get the notes/hand-outs that are typically distributed at Training Workshops?

Adelphos
04-28-2006, 11:49 AM
In a systematic way I am trying to learn the capabilities of BW 7.

I can't recommend strongly enough going through the videos systematically. Start from the beginning and go through each one, and after each one, apply what you've learned. Experiment in BW with the exact methods and examples that were presented in the video. If necessary, put the video on pause and switch to BW main and redo yourself the exact example the video just demonstrated. You will find yourself learning BW very quickly this way.

If you go through all the videos in this manner, you will have a sound, basic knowledge of how each facet of BW functions, and then you will have the confidence and the know-how to refine each function to meet your specific need.

Steve Watkins
04-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey, Scott -

I'm preaching from Hebrews 5:11-6:3 this week, focusing on being "Dull of hearing", and needing to grow to maturity in the Word. I needed a good quote - and your Bunyan quote from Treatise on the Fear of God was perfect! Glad I saw it!

Steve

Noel Fitzpatrick
04-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi Scott

many thanks for your reply and good advice.

I am trying to go systematically through all the videos, as you suggest.

However I do feel a bit like the theologian who when he was asked by an angel whether he wanted to go to heaven or a lecture about heaven chose the lecture.

Instead of spending my time reading, studying and meditating on the Bible, I am spending time looking at videos about BW!!

Regards,

Noel.

Steve Watkins
04-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Instead of spending my time reading, studying and meditating on the Bible, I am spending time looking at videos about BW!!

It'll pay off in the end, and greatly enhance your ability to use BW to delve into the riches of scripture.

Adelphos
04-29-2006, 02:05 AM
I'm preaching from Hebrews 5:11-6:3 this week...

The most visited page on my website by FAR is my quotation page --

http://www.lamblion.net/Quotations/quote_page.htm

You'll find boatloads of quotations there.

Charlie
04-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Noel,

The most logical place to begin is with one of the Study Guides (click Help | Study Guides), or perhaps with the First Things tutorial (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1483). Then just use F1 to learn how to use a tool as you need it.

I hope this is helpful.