PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I'm over my head.

Servant
04-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Hello all, I found this site yesterday and it's the greatest forum I've seen. I just purchased BW7, as it seems the possibilities of this program are endless,however; I feel like it's over my head.

I've been reading these posts over the last few days and have receiving some great info. I would have loved to have made it to the training this past Monday here in Dallas (Ft.Worth) but I found this site a little too late.

Well, now that I have BW7 what would you suggest to a noob? (i.e. updates, tutorials etc...)

Thanks,

Servant

Michael Hanel
04-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Within Bibleworks, make sure you got to Help: Bibleworks on the Internet: Check for Updates. You want to download every available one. BW does a lot of work to make sure their product is in good order and they do it via these downloadable updates.
Second, if you're new, watch the videos (Help: Getting Started), read thru the Online Help (within the program), play around. Wherever the mouse is, press F1 and you get context-sensitive help chapters opened up for ya.

Mostly just play around, you'll learn a lot that way initially.

Servant
04-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Hello Michael Hanel,
thanks for the advice. I noticed there are some updates in this forum, are these included in the download or should these be done separetly.

Your Brother In Christ,

Servant

Michael Hanel
04-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Hello Michael Hanel,
thanks for the advice. I noticed there are some updates in this forum, are these included in the download or should these be done separetly.

Your Brother In Christ,

Servant

Downloads you see here on the forums or attached to the thread "User add-ons" are bonus downloads. They are not official nor specifically endorsed by BW. They are developed by users for other users. You may download them and install them, but by no means do you have to. I would say, don't worry about that stuff for now. Just get to know the program BW7 itself first. Worry about that stuff in a little bit after you feel more comfortable

just my 2 cents

Adelphos
04-26-2006, 03:59 PM
I just purchased BW7, as it seems the possibilities of this program are endless,however; I feel like it's over my head.

I've been using BW for years, and I still watch the videos that come with each new version. I can't recommend this strongly enough.

Start with the first video and then go through them one by one. Also, after you watch each video, go to BW and apply what you've just learned. In other words, experiment with the methods the video has just presented you.

This is one of the best and fastest ways to learn the program. You can access the videos under the Help menu.