PDA

View Full Version : History Back Button

David Kummerow
04-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know how to enable the "history back button" as seen in this paste from the BW help file?

Many thanks if you can help.

David Kummerow.

Philip Brown
04-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Works fine for me. What isn't it doing for you?

David Kummerow
04-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Works fine for me. What isn't it doing for you?

Thanks Philip for wanting to help.

Here's how my setup looks. What I want to be able to do is have the buttons showing so that I can use them. What do I need to enable/disable to have them showing as in my first post?

Thanks,
David.

Michael Hanel
04-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Right click on one of the Tabs, the context menu comes up and put a check by "Enable search window history"

David Kummerow
04-21-2006, 02:02 AM
Right click on one of the Tabs, the context menu comes up and put a check by "Enable search window history"

Thanks, Michael. All works fine now. Since updating to version 7 I've been trying to figure out how to step backwards and forwards through conducted searches etc like we used to be able to do in version 6 with some arrow buttons on the button-bar. I'd tried to add the buttons back to the bar but they weren't there to add. But today in the help file I came across the reference to the "history back button" but I didn't have them showing and couldn't see that it could be enabled in "option flags" or elsewhere. Now I know and it's working, so many thanks!

Sincerely,
David Kummerow.

Adelphos
04-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Since updating to version 7 I've been trying to figure out how to step backwards and forwards through conducted searches etc like we used to be able to do in version 6 with some arrow buttons on the button-bar. I'd tried to add the buttons back to the bar but they weren't there to add.

There have been a lot of questions concerning the context buttons. I think it would simplify matters greatly if they would add a context history option, i.e., as in version 6 where you could view the entire context history at one time. Perhaps this option could be added to each tab since each tab is already keeping track of the history.

Steve Watkins
04-23-2006, 02:56 AM
I think it would simplify matters greatly if they would add a context history option, i.e., as in version 6 where you could view the entire context history at one time. Perhaps this option could be added to each tab since each tab is already keeping track of the history.

Maybe I'm not understanding your concept... but isn't that what the tabs are? If you perform a search under a particular tab, a list of verses fills the search window. As you browse through those results, the context arrows can retrace that progress for each tab. So, the history can be retraced via the arrows, and the entire context history is viewed in the list of verses in the search results window. Or were you thinking of something in addition to this?

SCW

Adelphos
04-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Or were you thinking of something in addition to this?

In version 6 you had a history context button which gave you a dropdown list that displayed at once all the verses you had gone through, and you could select any of those verses with one click of the mouse. In other words, you didn't have to go back through fifteen verses to get to the one you wanted; you could just select it.

jfidel
04-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi Scott,

How is what you are requesting different from the "successful search history button" just right of the command line?

John Fidel

Adelphos
04-23-2006, 09:45 AM
How is what you are requesting different from the "successful search history button" just right of the command line?

If all you do is searches, there isn't any difference, but if you move from verse to verse without searching, such as using the arrow buttons in the browse window, then in order to travrerse the context in reverse you have to go back through each verse to get to the verse you want.

In version 6 there was a dropdown list that displayed every single verse you moved through from the browse window and you could select the verse you wanted without having to go back through them individually.

jfidel
04-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

John Fidel