PDA

View Full Version : How to backup HIGHLIGHTED TEXT?

No Spam
04-20-2006, 07:50 AM
BibleWorks 7.0 offers the possibility to highlight text. I already highlighted text in LUT.

1) Now, I would like to backup these text markings (to prevent loss in case of database updates, hardware updates, etc.). Unfortunately I do not find a way how to accomplish this.

2) If there is a way to backup text markings: Is it technically possible to share this backup with another BibleWorks 7.0 user (-> data integrity)? If yes, how?

3) In BibleWorks you have vast search possibilitities. Does this also apply to highlighted text? For instance: You have several bible verses marked in "red". Now, you would like to search for all bible verses that are marked "red". Is that possible?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Yours

"No Spam"

Glenn Weaver
04-21-2006, 09:30 AM
1) To backup the color files, save the CLR file. In your example of highlighting in the LUT version, I assume that the color file you are using is the automatically-created color file for the LUT version. In this case, backup your LUT.CLR file.

2) You can send the color files to other BW users.

3) In the Color Files window, the second button at the upper left allows you to export the list of verses that contain color file information. You can't specify which color, but if you wish to use multiple colors, you can create multiple color files, one for each color.

For more information about the color file capabailities in BW, I suggest reading Chapter 31 in the BW7 online help file, "Using Colors."

Hope this helps.

Glenn