PDA

View Full Version : How to backup HIGHLIGHTED TEXT?

No Spam
04-20-2006, 08:42 AM
BibleWorks 7.0 offers the possibility to highlight text. I already highlighted text in LUT.

1) Now, I would like to backup these text markings (to prevent loss in case of database updates, hardware updates, etc.). Unfortunately I do not find a way how to accomplish this.

2) If there is a way to backup text markings: Is it technically possible to share this backup with another BibleWorks 7.0 user (-> data integrity)? If yes, how?

3) In BibleWorks you have vast search possibilitities. Does this also apply to highlighted text? For instance: You have several bible verses marked in "red". Now, you would like to search for all bible verses that are marked "red". Is that possible?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Yours

"No Spam"

Greg Ward
04-20-2006, 09:09 AM
For question 1) and 2), do you mean color files? Here is a thread of someone sharing their work: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1366
Also see the help file.

arggem
04-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Here is an excerpt from the Online help file:

Sharing Color Files

You can share your color files with other BibleWorks users simply by sending them your color files. They will all be located in the BibleWorks "Databases" directory and will all have a .clr extension. If you want to completely remove all color information from your setup, you can delete all *.clr files. You should also delete the bwcolors.dat file. It stores information about which color files are turned on or off.