PDA

View Full Version : LXX Tool?

gcalton
04-12-2006, 12:35 PM
In BW6 I was able to put my mouse on a word in the BNT and then right click and the option for searching the LXX for that same word. Is this somewhere that I cannot see it, or is it just not avaliable in BW7? :)

Michael Hanel
04-12-2006, 12:50 PM
In BW6 I was able to put my mouse on a word in the BNT and then right click and the option for searching the LXX for that same word. Is this somewhere that I cannot see it, or is it just not avaliable in BW7? :)

It may not be there as you remember it, but you can right click on a word and Search Form or Search Lemma. Automatically it will search all of BNT, but if you want it only to search LXX only look at the first results since they come up first ;) OR in the command line type in "l ot" to limit your hits to only the Old Testament. So there might not be the exact option that you remember, but BW7 does the same thing.

Mark Eddy
04-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I think you may just be searching in the wrong database. Instead of searching in BNT, you should be using the BGT. BGT includes LXX as well as the NT. BNT contains only the NT.
Mark Eddy