PDA

View Full Version : Diagrams with color?

dbielby
03-31-2006, 10:50 AM
Is there a way to color code diagram features?

Also, is there a way to use special codes next to brackets in diagramming? I am taking a class where the teacher uses an unusual exegetical tool for Discourse Analysis. One of the symbols is a triangle of dots which is used to code Inference lines in a discourse analysis. Is there a way to include that symbol in diagramming with BW7.0?

Greg Ward
03-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Do you mean the "therefore" symbol, \, character 92 in the Symbol font?

dbielby
03-31-2006, 03:53 PM
but the symbol we use was developed by a guy at Fuller. I'm studying at Wheaton...and they use this little exegetical guide called 'Making a Sentence Flow' and on the back they have a list of codes. The code I am asking about looks like the Buttonbar setup icon in Bibleworks...except that it is a triangle of three dots. They also request the user to color code recurring words or motifs for a passage. To my knowledge BW7.0 cannot accomplish either task...so the analysis must be done in a program like MS Word.

Another thing that would be handy is to have a feature where we could adjust the tab/line so that all text is lined up on a straight line...and moved over to the right or left to offer room for brackets and such to the left of the text. The ability to slide the margin around and still leave room on the canvas for brackets and other symbols is good because that's the quickest way to do a discourse analysis using the 'required' method for courses (at least at Wheaton College Graduate School in their exegesis dept.

Glenn Weaver
04-03-2006, 09:23 AM
To add the 3-dot symbol (assuming it is correct), click the capital T button on the toolbar, then click on the canvas. In the text window select the Symbol font and choose a larger font size. Try 24 point. Click inside the text box, then, while holding down the "alt" key on your keyboard, type 092 on your keyboard KEYPAD. While this will look like "\" in the box, when you close the box the 3-dot symbol will apear. You can more this around as you need. To add more of the same symbol, you can simply copy and paste.

To change color of the diagram symbols, double-click on the line on the canvas and make the change. To change the color or highlight text, double-click on the text in the canvas and you have options to change the color of the text and to apply highlighting.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

dbielby
04-04-2006, 01:18 AM
Those were perfect instructions. Thank you!! I'm excited about this now...and hope to use it for future assignments and sermon prep.