PDA

View Full Version : Resource Summary - No Update

Adelphos
03-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Using the lastest version. I can't get the Resource Summary window to update. No matter if I switch verses, switch tabs, you name it. I tried rebooting, everything.

If I open the RS as a separate window, it will open to the verse I'm in, but the pane on the right stays frozen in place no matter what.

Can anyone duplicate this?

Dogfish Jones
03-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Resource Summary tab is working just fine for me.

Adelphos
03-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Resource Summary tab is working just fine for me.

Then it's my os. Thanks for letting me know.

Steve Watkins
03-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Have you tried reinitializing the INI file? Sometimes that clears up persistent problems. To do it, select "Options" in the "Tools" menu, select "Shutdown Options", and check the box next to "Initialize INI File on Exit". Then restart BibleWorks. This will force BibleWorks to reset itself to default parameters, and could very well clear up your problem. It will, however, also reset all of your configuration options (screen layout, display versions, etc...), so be prepared for that.

SCW

Adelphos
03-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Have you tried reinitializing the INI file?

Haven't tried that. I really don't use the RS, so I don't want to upset my customizations. I've got a lot of quirky things going on due to the fact that I'm using ME. Gonna switch real soon, and that will cover a multitude of sins, I believe.

calvary
05-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Hmmm. I'm having a problem with that window as well, but mine is a little different. If I click on the Resource Summary tab, I'm unable to switch back to any other tab.

Dave

Adelphos
05-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Hmmm. I'm having a problem with that window as well...

I hate to tell you this, but the only thing that solved my problem was reinstalling.

calvary
05-30-2006, 03:17 PM
YIKES!! Lord, please rend the heavens and come down :-)

dave

Michael Hanel
05-30-2006, 03:59 PM
YIKES!! Lord, please rend the heavens and come down :-)

dave

Yes, but don't forget he's also (unless you've changed recently? and also assuming I'm remembering correctly) running Windows ME (shudder). There might still be hope for you....

Adelphos
05-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Yes, but don't forget he's also (unless you've changed recently? and also assuming I'm remembering correctly) running Windows ME (shudder). There might still be hope for you....

Yeah, and I dont' think I can wait for Vista to come out before I buy a new computer. MS ought to plead guilty to cyber molestation for infecting the world with ME.

Michael Hanel
05-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah, and I dont' think I can wait for Vista to come out before I buy a new computer. MS ought to plead guilty to cyber molestation for infecting the world with ME.

Not that this makes you feel any better but you did make the top 5....
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,125772,pg,2,00.asp

Adelphos
05-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Not that this makes you feel any better but you did make the top 5....
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,125772,pg,2,00.asp

Love this quote from the article --

"Forget Y2K; this was the real millennium bug."

LOL. But true.

rbl2552
06-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Hmmm. I'm having a problem with that window as well, but mine is a little different. If I click on the Resource Summary tab, I'm unable to switch back to any other tab.

Dave

I was having this exact same problem with the tabs; really frustrating. Since I save all the patches, I re-installed the previous .exe (7.0.014u), and things are back to normal on the tabs. I'm using XPsp2, so I don't think this is Windows related, I think it's the .014v patch. So, I guess I'll wait for .014w.

Charlesg
06-02-2006, 12:31 PM
I am running Windows XP and after the last update I can't move between tabs after opening any tab other than "Word Analysis." I was not experiencing this problem prior to the update. If I close and reopen the program, the tabs are "reset" so that I am back in "Word Analysis."

Philip Brown
06-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi,

I'm not experiencing the problem you describe. If you can report a series of enumerated steps that always produce the problem, it makes it much easier for the programmers to fix.

rbl2552
06-09-2006, 04:26 PM
I was having this exact same problem with the tabs; really frustrating. Since I save all the patches, I re-installed the previous .exe (7.0.014u), and things are back to normal on the tabs. I'm using XPsp2, so I don't think this is Windows related, I think it's the .014v patch. So, I guess I'll wait for .014w.

Problem acknowledged by BW and fixed w/ .014x !!!

Thank you!

richardsugg
07-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Did anyone get the resource summary to update without reinstalling? I'm running windows xp sp2, bw .15k. If I double-click on a verse, it will sometimes update, but it never updates if I just mouse over to a different verse. I re-initiallized my ini file, restarted, and it's the same thing. The word analysis window updates fine, but not the resource summary.

MGVH
07-26-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm having the Resource Summary window refresh problem now as well.
I updated to 15k, and then regressed back to 15e but without success.
Everything else is fine. (Word Analysis....)

I had just installed the Isaiah Scroll index module, but I removed the files and restarted and it made no difference.

Matthew Hoskinson
07-31-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm having the same problem with my Resource Summary Tab. I wish I could reproduce the steps, but it's what BW is not doing that's the problem. I have my system set to update whenever I'm holding the Shift key down, so that moving the cursor with Shift would automatically update the Resource Summary Tab. But it is not doing that any more. I'm running XPsp2 and BW 7.0.015k. I'd appreciate any help on this one.

MGVH
08-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I just updated to .015m and the Resource Summary window still does not refresh. (I have version .015h on my school computer, and it is working correctly there. Moving to .015k started the problem for me.)

Adamsen
08-02-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm having the Resource Summary window refresh problem now as well.
I updated to 15k, and then regressed back to 15e but without success.
Everything else is fine. (Word Analysis....)

I had just installed the Isaiah Scroll index module, but I removed the files and restarted and it made no difference.

Does it work, if you press the Shift key while you hover the mouse over a word in the browse window? If it does, you may have selected the Update When Shift Key Pressed Only, that is accessible with a right-click in the Word Analysis window. It affects both the Word Analysis and the Resource Summary window.

Georg

MGVH
08-02-2006, 06:02 PM
That was a good idea about the Shift toggle, but that is not the problem. Word Analysis does work correctly. Tried turning off/on, but problem is still not resolved. I took a chance and updated the school computer to .015m, and it still does work properly. It's something strange going on...

MBushell
08-02-2006, 09:40 PM
I guess it goes without saying that you should make sure that you have the latest executable. Some problems similar to this were fixed a while back. If that doesn't fix it you should send tech support your INI file.

It should never be necessary to reinstall unless you have corrupted files.

You can backup the INI file and then initialize it to see if that fixes it. If it doesn't you can restore the INI file.

Yes, ME was a grotesque mistake. After 2000 people said that the Millenium Bug was a false alarm. Wrong. Windows ME was the Millenium Bug :-) You should be able to get an upgrade copy of Win 98 SE (a decent OS) now if you can't afford XP.

Mike

MGVH
08-03-2006, 12:14 AM
The non-refreshing Resource Window so annoyed me that I compared my bw700.ini file with a default one generated by the program.

Look for the line:

iautoresource=#

The # in my ini file was 0, but in the default ini file it is 1.
I switched the value from 0 to 1, saved the file, restarted BW and now the Resource Window works as it should.

So, if you are having this issue, try using Notepad to open your bw700.ini file (located in the /Program Files/BibleWorks7/ directory). Search for the iautoresource line and make sure it reads:
iautoresource=1

No guarantees, but this worked for me...

Matthew Hoskinson
08-03-2006, 11:23 AM
iautoresource=#

The # in my ini file was 0, but in the default ini file it is 1.
I switched the value from 0 to 1, saved the file, restarted BW and now the Resource Window works as it should.

So, if you are having this issue, try using Notepad to open your bw700.ini file (located in the /Program Files/BibleWorks7/ directory). Search for the iautoresource line and make sure it reads:
iautoresource=1

No guarantees, but this worked for me...

Thank you for your annoyance-motivated perseverance! This solved the problem for me.

Note to those who try the fix: the <iautoresource> line follows the <iautoupdateresource> line. Don't let that confuse you as it did me.