PDA

View Full Version : BW Editor >< User Notes

MGVH
03-29-2006, 03:52 PM
I appreciate the ability in BW to add my own user notes (chapter and/or verse), but I'm trying to figure out why I would use the "Editor" instead of the "User Notes." I suppose if I want to enter general information that is not linked to one single verse or chapter, I would use the Editor. (In which case, the Editor is really just General User Notes.)
So, how are you using the Editor (as compared to the User Notes)? What has been helpful to you? Thanks.

Dogfish Jones
03-29-2006, 07:48 PM
I've found the editor helpful for research and note taking for lessons or sermons in preparation for the actual building of the lesson. By using the editor, I don't have to flip back and forth between BW and Word. Additionally, I can have user notes open to reference under that tab, while having a separate file open in the editor.

Great feature!

Dan Phillips
03-30-2006, 07:42 PM
I wondered the same thing, Mark; I couldn't find anything in the Help notes that spelled out why there are two. But I came to the same general conclusion as you. The user notes stay anchored to specific texts; but if you're doing a study taking in various texts, the Editor is your friend. Then they can be opened up in Word, for instance, and worked over.

Christopher
12-15-2006, 07:21 PM
I appreciate the ability in BW to add my own user notes (chapter and/or verse), but I'm trying to figure out why I would use the "Editor" instead of the "User Notes." I suppose if I want to enter general information that is not linked to one single verse or chapter, I would use the Editor. (In which case, the Editor is really just General User Notes.)
So, how are you using the Editor (as compared to the User Notes)? What has been helpful to you? Thanks.

What I am trying to determine is whether it is better to use the Chapter or Verse option for taking notes. What have you found to be more useful, and why?

Philip Brown
12-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi, Chris and Dan,

BW 7.0 allows for both chapter and verse notes because several users were writing commentaries using BW. They wanted a set of notes for each verse
that was separate from their overall comments on the chapter.

Personally I use only chapter notes, because I want all my notes on a given chapter in the same place.

I use the editor when I don't want the information I'm compiling to be linked to a specific text of Scripture. For example, in doing a study on the Kingdom of God, I used the editor to compile data which I will later cut and paste to an external word processor.

Blessings

frankenfro
04-09-2007, 04:20 PM
the editor is wonderful for writing lessons or sermons. it allows you to do your biblical research while still having a document open that you don't have to alt-tab to get to. Think of it as having a piece of paper in the most convenient of spots right there in the midst of alllll your research. It's worked marvelously for me also being enrolled in seminary. I can take all the notes I want to and if ever i need to do any searches, BW7 is right there and I don't have to thumb through any loose papers or books. It's almost too convenient.

dnns
04-24-2007, 09:00 PM
In the Editor, instead of clicking "Note Directory" icon everytime, is there a way to display it on the right side of the note taking area? I like to use Keynote (see screen) to organize my class notes. It would be great if bibleworks can come up with something like that so that I can do everything in it.

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=326&stc=1&d=1177506527