PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question - Changing Splash Screen Times...

Dogfish Jones
03-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Ok, so here's a silly question for you.

I was wondering if there was a way to change the times for the splash screens. If I've figured it out right, there are three (maybe 4?) different splash screens. The full coffee mug appears if you start the program before 9 AM, the screen with the pieces of BW flying appears after 9 AM until sometime late afternoon. I think there's also one with an empty coffee mug, and one that is dark blue that appears at night.

So, is it possible to change the times these appear?

Like I said, silly question.

Michael Hanel
03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Ok, so here's a silly question for you.

I was wondering if there was a way to change the times for the splash screens. If I've figured it out right, there are three (maybe 4?) different splash screens. The full coffee mug appears if you start the program before 9 AM, the screen with the pieces of BW flying appears after 9 AM until sometime late afternoon. I think there's also one with an empty coffee mug, and one that is dark blue that appears at night.

So, is it possible to change the times these appear?

Like I said, silly question.

You can change your computer clock. Otherwise no. They're fun little bonuses from the programmers to you.

jdarlack
03-29-2006, 10:57 AM
...If I've figured it out right, there are three (maybe 4?) different splash screens. The full coffee mug appears if you start the program before 9 AM, the screen with the pieces of BW flying appears after 9 AM until sometime late afternoon. I think there's also one with an empty coffee mug, and one that is dark blue that appears at night...Actually, from what I hear, we're looking at Dr. Pepper in that mug!

Dogfish Jones
03-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Actually, from what I hear, we're looking at Dr. Pepper in that mug!
I'll just keep pretending it's coffee, then. Blech - DP in the morning?

kenh
03-29-2006, 02:03 PM
I wake up to a good DP every morning! Highly recommended! -k

Ruben Gomez
03-31-2006, 10:50 AM
... and just to add another silly question :) what splash screen are you talking about? I don't see any mug or any coffee/Dr Pepper when I run the program...

Rubén Gómez

Alan Johnson
03-31-2006, 10:55 AM
The splash screen appears when you start BW7, then it fades away. You may have it turned off. Go to Tools, Options, Startup Options, and see if the box is checked for "Show splash screen at startup."

Ruben Gomez
03-31-2006, 10:59 AM
The splash screen appears when you start BW7, then it fades away. You may have it turned off. Go to Tools, Options, Startup Options, and see if the box is checked for "Show splash screen at startup."

I have that box checked, that's why I'm a bit confused. Was this "feature" added after the first release version perhaps?

Rubén Gómez

Adelphos
03-31-2006, 11:20 AM
I have that box checked, that's why I'm a bit confused.

Ruben,

The splash screen changes formats depending on the time of day. The mug can be seen in the morning, then later (I'm not sure what times it changes) the mug disappears, etc.

By the way, do you know how to find how many words are in a particular string of verses? It seems this was covered once, but I can't recall.

Ruben Gomez
03-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Ruben,

The splash screen changes formats depending on the time of day. The mug can be seen in the morning, then later (I'm not sure what times it changes) the mug disappears, etc.

By the way, do you know how to find how many words are in a particular string of verses? It seems this was covered once, but I can't recall.

The only splash screen I get is the usual Paul and Silas scene (I think it's Paul and Silas, anyway). No mugs, or any other worldly thing :D

As for the other issue you raise, I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. Could you please rephrase it and/or give an example of what you are after - preferably under another thread. I haven't had any coffee 'cause I have no mug in my BW, you see... ;)

Dale A. Brueggemann
03-31-2006, 11:39 AM
... and just to add another silly question :) what splash screen are you talking about? I don't see any mug or any coffee/Dr Pepper when I run the program...

I guess we know how late Ruben gets to work each morning now don't we? :D He start up too late to see the cup, whether it has coffee or Dr. Pepper in it.

Adelphos
03-31-2006, 11:43 AM
I haven't had any coffee 'cause I have no mug in my BW, you see... ;)

Ruben,

You're not getting it! ;) The splash screen changes according to the time of your computer clock. In other words, early in the morning the mug shows up. Later in the morning it dissappears. So as Dale says, get up early! ;)

On the other issue, I set my search limits to say, the first chapter of John. There are 51 verses there, but I want to know how many words are in those 51 verses.

By the way, you people are all wrong on the contents of the mug... It's apple juice all the way. In fact, I don't even need the mug for my apple juice... morning, noon, and night, I have to have my apple juice!

Ruben Gomez
03-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Okay, okay. I've changed my computer's clock and I've seen the light!!! :) Funny thing is I get up very early. In fact it's so early, most people in the US are still in bed! :D

Ruben Gomez
03-31-2006, 11:58 AM
On the other issue, I set my search limits to say, the first chapter of John. There are 51 verses there, but I want to know how many words are in those 51 verses.

If I understand correctly, you can open the Word List Manager (WLM), choose your favorite search version, check "Load words from a Bible version" and write "John 1:1-51" in the Verse range box. After you create the list you'll get a breakdown of the number of words and the number of occurrences.

Hope this helps.

Rubén Gómez

Adelphos
03-31-2006, 12:12 PM
If I understand correctly, you can open the Word List Manager (WLM)...

Perfect. I should have thought of that... but I was too busy trying to help somebody find his mug!;)

Ruben Gomez
03-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Glad I could help. The irony of it all is that I don't drik coffee or Dr. Pepper ;)

Rubén Gómez

Dan Phillips
03-31-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm with you, Ruben: no coffee and, thank God, no Dr. Prunejuice.