PDA

View Full Version : Syncing configurations

LarryW
03-27-2006, 09:25 AM
I thought I'd try to try out the Configuration Manager on my notebook this weekend. Got home and tried to sync the configurations to my desktop computer.

I knew I did something wrong when the desktop started up with a basic setting, including asking me to register (which I've already done). The Configuration Manager doesn't show the Philippians study I was doing.

I had copied the bw700.ini and all the folders for the Philippians study to the desktop. Both are running the same version of BW and both are WinXP with the same default installs.

I saw the thread on the toolbar setup but it didn't seem to apply to what I was trying to do.

Did I not copy/should have copied some file or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks for the help.

Larry

Mark Eddy
03-28-2006, 11:44 AM
I can't give you much help, but I know that when you copy the bw700.ini file from one computer to another there are a lot of variables in it that have to be the same in both computers, or else BW will revert to the default bw700.ini file.
For example. If you have any user databases compiled on one computer, you have to have exactly those databases compiled on the other computer, or the ini file won't work. Also if you have a custom install, and you don't install exactly the same Bible versions on both computers, the copied ini file won't work.
If this isn't your problem, someone else will have to help.
In Christ,
Mark Eddy