PDA

View Full Version : Displaying a version other than search version

dbielby
03-27-2006, 09:06 AM
If I would like to search in BGM version, but only display or only copy NAU or some other version, so that I can easily copy a list of verses with text for non-Greek readers, is there a way to do that? If so, how?

For example, I search the book of Revelation for 'aggeloj in all forms. I want to copy only the English text for the hits into my editor so I can show the results to people who may not read Greek. The way I'm running the search, it only gives me Greek & English text together. When I remove the BGM from the display version...it also takes it off the command line as the search version and automatically puts the NAU up.

How do I override that?

Adelphos
03-27-2006, 09:21 AM
I want to copy only the English text for the hits into my editor so I can show the results to people who may not read Greek.

I'm not sure I'm answering your question. Anyway, if you do your search in BGM, the results, as you know, show up in the search window, but in BGM. You want the search results in NAU, if I understand you correctly.

In that case, all you have to do is type "NAU" (without the quotes) on the command line and this automatically converts the search results to that version.

Now you simply R-click and chose "copy list to editor" and the verses in the NAU will be exported there.

dbielby
03-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Thank you! That did the job nicely.

David