PDA

View Full Version : Version Database Compiler

Ken Neighoff
03-25-2006, 03:47 PM
On my LifeDrive PDA I use Olive Tree and their Bible Reader. I was wondering if I could take some of the files that I have, specifically The Message and the NOAB and its notes and convert them for use on BW7. Or will the fact that the files are setup for PDA use cause problems?

Any suggestions will be helpful?

Or in Logos I have the Message as well. Could that file be compiled for BW7 or would it be easier to use the external link?

Michael Hanel
03-25-2006, 03:53 PM
On my LifeDrive PDA I use Olive Tree and their Bible Reader. I was wondering if I could take some of the files that I have, specifically The Message and the NOAB and its notes and convert them for use on BW7. Or will the fact that the files are setup for PDA use cause problems?

Any suggestions will be helpful?

Or in Logos I have the Message as well. Could that file be compiled for BW7 or would it be easier to use the external link?

I am not familiar with the format that Olive Tree would use. If you want to compile a text you need to make it so that each verse gets its own line in a plain text file, e.g.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning....
Gen 1:2 more text
Gen 1:3 etc. etc.

So if you can format the text that way, then yes the VDC can use it and you can use it with BW. In other words, that's probably going to be a lot of work :) so I would think you can use the external link manager to call up the Message just fine.