PDA

View Full Version : Importing into Nota Bene

Bill Moore
03-22-2006, 06:50 PM
It seems that BW's flawless importing directly into NB was short lived. With the latest updates, I've lost the ability to import using the popup window. My work around is to search for the passage, copy it and paste it into NB. Any suggestions? Thanks. Bill

Michael Hanel
03-22-2006, 07:22 PM
It seems that BW's flawless importing directly into NB was short lived. With the latest updates, I've lost the ability to import using the popup window. My work around is to search for the passage, copy it and paste it into NB. Any suggestions? Thanks. Bill

Email the tech support and/or post a note on the latest Fix in the Program update forum. If it was working, i'm sure it'll be back in the next update once Mike B. is made aware of it.

Bill Moore
03-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks, Michael. Will do.

Bill

Bill Moore
03-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks, Michael. Will do.

Bill

Before I could post to Mike, 13n had come out, which seems to have fixed the issue.

It's hard to beat that kind of responsiveness.

Bill

Michael Hanel
03-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Before I could post to Mike, 13n had come out, which seems to have fixed the issue.

It's hard to beat that kind of responsiveness.

Bill

Hey if you're kind to the workers, they're kind to you :)

Bill Moore
03-22-2006, 11:53 PM
I was in a hurry to get out of the office after our Wednesday evening service so I checked for updates, downloaded 13n, and checked out the popup copy to import into NB.

Getting another error message, I closed out both NB and BW and opened both programs again. Another test and it imported fine. That's when I fired off my positive post.

However, once home, planning to do a little work before lights out, I'm getting the same error message as before: "The specified range is invalid or does not occur in the current search version."

Finally, I recognized that I get the error message when I do not use the 3 digit/letters for book names, e.g., 1Co 11:23-25. If I input 1 Cor 11:23-25, I get the error message, something which did not happen with update 13f.

Also, when I use the BW abbreviation for book names, the first request imports the verses fine. However, a request for another passage produces only a couple of blinks of the display but no verses.

Any suggestions, or should this also be posted in the update section (or should I just go to bed and everything will be okay in the morning)?

Thanks,
Bill

Michael Hanel
03-23-2006, 12:03 AM
I was in a hurry to get out of the office after our Wednesday evening service so I checked for updates, downloaded 13n, and checked out the popup copy to import into NB.

Getting another error message, I closed out both NB and BW and opened both programs again. Another test and it imported fine. That's when I fired off my positive post.

However, once home, planning to do a little work before lights out, I'm getting the same error message as before: "The specified range is invalid or does not occur in the current search version."

Finally, I recognized that I get the error message when I do not use the 3 digit/letters for book names, e.g., 1Co 11:23-25. If I input 1 Cor 11:23-25, I get the error message, something which did not happen with update 13f.

Also, when I use the BW abbreviation for book names, the first request imports the verses fine. However, a request for another passage produces only a couple of blinks of the display but no verses.

Any suggestions, or should this also be posted in the update section (or should I just go to bed and everything will be okay in the morning)?

Thanks,
Bill
Whenever something isnt working you shouldn't that was in a previous version, you shouldnt hesitate to post that in the updates section. Also for your a temporary fix until something does come out IF there was a version that this did work for you, in the short interim, you can apply that patch again in the BW updater (you would go through the options in the updater to click, show downloaded patches) and re-select and apply that. That'll give you back the functionality you had that this newer version seems not to be keeping and hopefully satisfy you until it is fixed again.

Bill Moore
03-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks, Michael. I did not realize I could simply apply a previous patch.

I will also post in the update section.

Bill

Michael Hanel
03-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Thanks, Michael. I did not realize I could simply apply a previous patch.

I will also post in the update section.

Bill

No problem. Glad you could make coherence of my terrible post. Yikes, it's time to get to bed!

Bill Moore
03-23-2006, 02:25 AM
I re-installed 13f and the subsequent verse(s) copying is functioning properly.

However, my using a user-defined name, e.g. 1 Cor instead of 1Co, does not work and gives me the error message. Evidently, I was mistaken about that functioning properly in 13f. Whatever I did in BW 6 I must relearn to set it up in BW 7. I guess it is in Option/Book Names, but it is too late tonight (this morning) to do it. Michael, thanks for your patient help.

Bill