PDA

View Full Version : India

Wil
03-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Is there anyout there who uses Bibleworks in India?

paterdr
03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Hi, Wil,
I used to be in India. What's your need? I don't have any versions in Indian languages, if that's what you're looking for.

Dan Pater

Joe Fleener
03-21-2006, 07:59 PM

I am not in India, but I know some guys who are and use BibleWorks. Email me offline and I can put you in contact with them.

Dale A. Brueggemann
03-22-2006, 07:35 AM

I use BibleWorks when I'm in India, and it seems to work just as well there as it does when I'm in Cambridge, Kiev, or Philadelphia :D

I guess that's not what you're asking though. What's behind the question? I visit there to teach frequently, and could perhaps respond to that.

Wil
03-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Hi, Wil,
I used to be in India. What's your need? I don't have any versions in Indian languages, if that's what you're looking for.

Dan Pater

Dear Dan,

Thank you for the reply. I was wondering about the internet connection in India for doing updates. Was it slow when you were there? If so, what did you do about it? Jesus bless you.

Wil
03-22-2006, 07:40 PM
I use BibleWorks when I'm in India, and it seems to work just as well there as it does when I'm in Cambridge, Kiev, or Philadelphia :D

I guess that's not what you're asking though. What's behind the question? I visit there to teach frequently, and could perhaps respond to that.

Dear Dale,

Thank you for responding. The reason I asked was to see how the internet connection works there from a home to do updates. I don't know if broadband is available in homes. Thanks again Dale. Lord bless you.

Dale A. Brueggemann
03-22-2006, 07:50 PM
The reason I asked was to see how the internet connection works there from a home to do updates. I don't know if broadband is available in homes. Thanks again Dale. Lord bless you.That would depend upon where you were. Where I am outside of Bangalore, I am getting on for e-mail at slow dial-up speed, which means even getting my e-mail is hard, so I would never attempt to update. But if I were in town there, I would very possibly have DSL. And the same would go for other key cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, etc. You might make some inquiries with people if you already know where this would be operating.

Wil
03-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Dear Dale,

Thank you for the information.

paterdr
03-25-2006, 09:01 AM
In Delhi, too, you can have dial-up, DSL, cable and probably satellite. They were doing an installation of optic fibre some years ago that by now would make things very quick. Again, you have lots of choices and get what you're willing to pay for. I didn't have too much of a problem with dialup.
Dan

Wil
03-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks Dan