PDA

View Full Version : help with notes

bmerchant
03-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Hi. Can anyone give some advice regarding notes please? I've been looking in the manual, at the demo videos, and on the forums and I am still stuck.

When I display a verse and then "Open User Notes", the top of the screen changes to c:\program files\bibleworks 6\notes\Gen\1_1.bww (just as an example). I can then enter info in the editor window. All is fine.

If I display another verse, I previous verse file remains open. If I open the user notes for the newly displayed verse, then that file opens and I can work with it. The text at the top of the screen changes to reflect a new file name.

All of these windows are remain open. So, when I go back to the first verse and then try to load the user notes, I get this popup message: "A file by that name is already loaded." If I choose "Window" on the menu, it shows all the notes that are open and I can select them that way. But this seems very cumbersome and nothing like what the video and book shows. Turning on the "Load User Notes Automatically" feature in the options does not seem to work. I've also noticed that on page 267 of the BW6 user manual, there are 7 notes options listed - my copy of the software only displays 5 items on the options menu.

Is there something wrong with my software? Or am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't I be able to move from verse to verse with my notes automatically loading?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! This feature has been eluding me for some time.

Thanks,
Bern Merchant