PDA

View Full Version : BW 7 and Text Editor changing languages

MBD
03-17-2006, 08:38 AM
I have BW 7 and am typing notes for each verse of a book I am working on. I will frequently copy a phrase over from the Hebrew from the browse window into the notes page and then resume my commentary on the phrase. When paste in the Hebrew then I have to change fonts to continue in English. I thought I did that with a control E in BW 6; but now I have to go up to the font window change fonts and font size---this is quite cumbersome. What am I doing wrong?

On a related matter, I would love to use Unicode but I have hundreds on notes on verses that were copied over from BW 6. Now if I enable Unicode, would that work on the other notes or only from this point on, which would be chaos?

Michael Hanel
03-17-2006, 09:28 AM
I have BW 7 and am typing notes for each verse of a book I am working on. I will frequently copy a phrase over from the Hebrew from the browse window into the notes page and then resume my commentary on the phrase. When paste in the Hebrew then I have to change fonts to continue in English. I thought I did that with a control E in BW 6; but now I have to go up to the font window change fonts and font size---this is quite cumbersome. What am I doing wrong?

control-D toggles to your default English font, control-g to Greek, control-h to Hebrew.

jakemccarty
03-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Although this may seem a little off the wall, I think it may be helpful to try to keep everything in English. Depending on your familiarity with HALOT, there is a significant amount of very important material prior to the definition, providing (generally sound--not the early freewheeling) cognates in other Semitic languages, which can really only be represented in an English script.

One thing: the way that shins are represented in HALOT is quite peculiar.

paterdr
03-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Along with ctrl+d, ctrl+h, ctrl+g, try looking at the help file - look for 'shortcuts' - for a lot of very handy shortcuts and tips.

Dan Pater

jltstigall
03-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Ctrl + g, h bring up the BW Greek and Hebrew fonts, but is there a shortcut key for Unicode Greek and Hebrew?