PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlinking to a Sentence Diagram

briantipton
03-15-2006, 01:45 PM
I love Bibleworks7. Fantastic.

It probably has a way of doing this, but I have looked in the Help File, searched the forum, and cannot find it. Is there a way to hyperlink to a sentence diagram file.

For example, in the notes it might say,

Diagram: John 3:16
where John 3:16 would by hyperlinked. When clicked, the file associated with the sentence diagram for that verse would be opened in the diagramming module.

I did this when I was taking notes in Word, but I think I would prefer to take my basic notes within BW7. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Adamsen
03-15-2006, 04:23 PM
I love Bibleworks7. Fantastic.

It probably has a way of doing this, but I have looked in the Help File, searched the forum, and cannot find it. Is there a way to hyperlink to a sentence diagram file.

For example, in the notes it might say,
Diagram: John 3:16

where John 3:16 would by hyperlinked. When clicked, the file associated with the sentence diagram for that verse would be opened in the diagramming module.

I did this when I was taking notes in Word, but I think I would prefer to take my basic notes within BW7. Is this possible?

Thanks.

If the Diagram file is included in the Resource Summary Window, then you can click on the summary item and afterwards use Insert a Link to the Last Resource Summary Item in the editor. That will do it. I don't know, however, whether BW will display other diagram files than the ones made by Randy Leedy.

Georg

briantipton
03-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks Georg for the input. I really appreciate it.

So far, I have had no success. I copied the diagram file in the gntdgm directory under the installation folder using the naming conventions of the other diagram files. While it does not show up in the resource summary, it will show up in the Verse Diagram Browser. There must be a seperate index that Bibleworks uses to build the resource tree. Don't know how to get to it.

It would be nice if we could add a directory containing user diagrams that could be indexed/updated to use in the resource summary.

Thanks for your time.

Brian

tcleek
05-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi Brian,

I want to do the same thing but I can figure it out either. I'm guess it doesn't work, have you sent a suggestion in?

cheers
todd

EdMellott
05-15-2007, 12:33 PM
To create a hyperlink in the Editor or Notes area to a Leedy NT Diagram for a specific verse, take the following steps:
1. Open your Greek text to the desired verse.
2. In Resource Summary, scroll down until you reach the Leedy NT Diagrams entry, then click on it.
3. Close the Diagramming module window.
4. Switch to your Notes or Editor project.
5. Find the hyperlink icon on the toolbar and click the down arrow to the right of it.
6. Choose INSERT LINK TO LAST RESOURCE SUMMARY ITEM.

The actual link reference will not say "John 3:16" but will show the Leedy index for that link. Precede the hyperlink with an explanation of what it is.
Is this what you had in mind?

Glenn Weaver
05-16-2007, 09:46 AM
While not as simple as linking from the last opened Resource Summary Window item, there is a way to link to user-created diagrams. User-created anything, in fact.

First, enter text in the editor window. Select this text. Now select the Add/Modify Hypertext Link dropdown button on the editor menu bar, and select Add Link to Selected Text. The Insert Hyperlink box will appear.

In the Link Text field, add your hyperlink information. For example, the following line links to one of the sample diagrams that ship with BW7:

OPEN \diagram\example_1phrasing.dgm

I could have included the entire path if I chose to do so, like this:

OPEN c:\Program Files\BibleWorks 7\diagram\example_1phrasing.dgm

But since the base directory for the program is c:\Program Files\BibleWorks 7, I did not have to enter that information.

Click the Insert in Document button, and your hyperlink is created!

Because the .dgm file extension is registered for use by BW for diagram files during the BW installation process, clicking the link will automatically open the BW diagram tool and display the file.

This same thing will work for all files, whether PDF, Word, .txt, .htm, .chm, .jpg, even other programs such as notepad.exe. This hyperlink feature provides a nice way to link to other files on your harddrive or to websites.

Hope this helps.
Glenn