PDA

View Full Version : New Greek Text Descriptions

Michael Hanel
03-15-2006, 02:26 PM
With the arrival of the new von Soden's Greek NT database, I was wondering if someone out there in BW realms would (for the sake of other BW users) put together a short txt document on the different BibleWorks Greek NT databases and maybe provide links for users to get more info. I know there are short descriptions of each of them within BW if you check on the Version ID info, but I was wondering if someone (or someones) would be so kind as to put together a brief description of them, where they came from, what interest they might have for BW users, if there's anything peculiar about them, etc.

Cuz right now I see there is BGT, GNT, BYZ, TIS, VST, WHO, etc. I have info on some of those versions in books on my shelves, but I was hoping maybe someone could put something together for the benefit to share with other BW users for the aid of others wo any kind of resources or knowledge.

Even just a brief bibliography would be helpful in pointing other users to places they can find out about these themselves. We truly have a treasure in BW, but I think until people know a little bit more about these different NT databases, they might not understand it fully.

(BTW ~ the same could be said for a quick write up about Targums and such too...)

thanks to anyone who can help

pingpongjedi
03-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Oh, I would be so grateful for that. I was just looking through the help file the other day trying to separate one db from another.

Michael Hanel
03-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Oh, I would be so grateful for that. I was just looking through the help file the other day trying to separate one db from another.

Well surely there is another BW user (or maybe even a couple :) ) out there who can whip something up, we just have to ask nicely :D