PDA

View Full Version : Mac font for Microsoft Word

voigt
03-09-2006, 03:52 PM
I have installed both the Mac fonts and the Windows fonts into my Powerbook's system. In every program the font "bwgrkn" has no problem. However in Microsoft Office 2004 the "bwgrkn" font will not show up. I have tried installing the font into Office but I cannot figure this problem out. Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thank you
-Josh

voltattornia
04-06-2006, 02:41 PM
I had this problem for a while and I just figured it out. First, you need to drag the greek and heb font files into the office font folder. This is under Applications/Microsoft Office/Office/fonts.

Now the fonts will show up in Word but they won't work (at least they didn't for me). So, first create a new document and type some letters with both of the greek and heb fonts. Then go into the preferences of Microsoft Word, which is under the Word drop-down menu. Then go to the compatability tab and select "font substitution." Click on the greek or heb font and then in the font substitution drop-down menu, pick default, which is the first choice. After this it worked... for me at least.

Hope this helps