PDA

View Full Version : Annoying blank lines after reference when importing verses

Bill Moore
03-08-2006, 04:07 PM
With BW 6, I had the formatting for importing verses to my word processor set so that the reference is listed and the verse printed underneath the reference:

Acts 2:41
ESV 41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

With BW 7, though, I get the following, with two annoying blank lines between the reference and the verse:

Acts 2:41

ESV 41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

Perhaps I'm just overlooking something simple in options somewhere that I did in version 6 but have failed to do in version 7 (and am having a serious senior moment---more numerous post age 50!), so please be gentle.

Thanks

Joe Fleener
03-08-2006, 04:31 PM
I just tried it and I am seeing the following.

I have a blank Word doc open.

I copy one verse from the Copy Center w/ New Line after each verse and Start Block with reference both checked.

I get a blank line - then my reference - then two blank lines - then the text of the verse then another blank line - then my cursor is on the next line..

"
Deuteronomy 18:10

ESV Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer

"

Not what I would expect either.

Glenn Weaver
03-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Try unchecking the "New line after each verse" checkbox. That may give what you want.

Glenn

Joe Fleener
03-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi Glenn,

That doesn't really change anything. It only makes multiple verse copies run together in paragraph style. The extra lines are still there before and after the reference heading:

"
Deu 18:10-13

ESV Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a wizard or a necromancer, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you. 13 You shall be blameless before the LORD your God,

"

Glenn Weaver
03-09-2006, 11:21 AM
It works fine if I copy to clipboard or to the BW editor, but not if I copy to MS Word 2003.

I guess it is time to send in a bug report. I'll send one.

Glenn

Joe Fleener
03-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks Glenn.

Bill Moore
03-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Glenn,
Thanks for jumping on it.
Bill

Bill Moore
03-15-2006, 07:00 AM
I take it that update 7.0.012.y did not address this malady. I'm looking forward to the update which does because I import a lot of verses into word processing programs (Nota Bene and WordPerfect). Removing the blank lines is tedious.

Bill

arggem
03-15-2006, 05:39 PM
As a work around until it's fixed, can you search for three paragraph marks and replace it with one? Do a "Replace All" and it should fix it right away. Or am I missing something?

Bill Moore
03-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Theoretically, something like that would work. The problem is that my importing is usually in sermon outlines and lecture notes, so I have other blank lines in order to easily find my place.

Thanks.

Bill

MBushell
03-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Try 13b which I just posted.
Mike

hopeport
03-16-2006, 05:03 PM
13b seems to solve my spacing issues!!:) Thanks!

Bill Moore
03-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Mike,

I just downloaded 13b and it did remove the blank lines.

However, in Nota Bene, when a passage is requested in the popup window, only the first verse of the passage is imported, as in the following.

Matthew 10:25-27
ESV 25 It is enough for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household.

Also, I am still having to ALT-tab a couple of times to cycle back to my NB document after the reference is imported, something I didn't have to do with BW6 and do not have to do with WP.

13b did solve the problems in WordPerfect.

So . . . if a little more brainpower can be put towards the NB problem, I and at least a few other NB/BW users would be most thankful.

Thanks so much for the efforts made thus far, as well as for a terrific program.

Bill

Bill Moore
03-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Hooray! Just downloaded 7.0.013f and the importing problem to Nota Bene is fixed. Thank you for the diligent effort to solve it.

Bill