PDA

View Full Version : Help/Getting Started

Joseph B. Modica
03-06-2006, 12:54 PM
I have begun to utilize the helpful "Getting Started" video files. Very many thanks to the BibleWorks programmers. However, I am unable to size the windows, especially the "Analysis Window." (I have about 1/2 the Analysis Window). This would be helpful so that I would be able to benefit from the videos. I simply cannot see what the videos would like me (and perhaps others) to see.
Thanks.

Mark Eddy
03-07-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm not totally sure what your question is. Do you want to resize the videos or resize the Analysis Window? You can always resize the analysis window by dragging its boarder. You can also increase the size of the analysis window if you open a secondary results window, maximize it, and then drag the dividing line between the browse pane (on top) and the analysis window (on the bottom), making the browse pane small and the analysis pane big.
If you can give some more information perhaps we could give some more things to try.
Mark Eddy

Michael Burer
03-07-2006, 08:06 PM
I am fairly certain that the videos are fixed in size and cannot be altered (to accomodate all the different displays out there). Are you not seeing something in the video which you think you should? Look at the bottom of the window for the status bar. If you can see that, then at least we know the video is tall enough.

Michael Burer

Joseph B. Modica
03-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks for your responses. Much appreciated. To reframe my concern: I am unable to see the Analysis Window while viewing the "Getting Started Videos" (actually see only about half of the window). As the "yellow circle" moves to explain something in the Analysis Window, I am unable to see what is being instructed. Does this help? I am wondering if I am able to resize the Analysis Window.
Thanks.

Joseph B. Modica
03-07-2006, 10:32 PM
I tried to "resize" the windows during the video, but to no avail.

Michael Hanel
03-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I tried to "resize" the windows during the video, but to no avail.
I still don't have an answer, but this is just confirmation. If you go this website (http://www.bibleworks.com/content/videos/whatisbw.htm) and watch the video, what you're saying is the videos you're watching in BW do NOT look like this one where you can see everything? My confusion is primarily do you mean the Analysis window *in* the video or the Analysis Window of BW proper WHILE watching a video?

Joseph B. Modica
03-08-2006, 07:28 AM
I still don't have an answer, but this is just confirmation. If you go this website (http://www.bibleworks.com/content/videos/whatisbw.htm) and watch the video, what you're saying is the videos you're watching in BW do NOT look like this one where you can see everything? My confusion is primarily do you mean the Analysis window *in* the video or the Analysis Window of BW proper WHILE watching a video?

Thanks Michael for your assistance and patience. To answer your question: The videos I'm watching in "Getting Started" BW 7 do not look like the hyperlink you sent me. When I visit the link you sent me, I can see all of the full screen. I am speaking here of the Analysis Window in the video (I can resize the Analysis Window in the program). Does this make sense? Perhaps it is a glitch?

Glenn Weaver
03-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Dear Joseph,

What size screen resolution are you using?

The videos only show fully on screen resolutions of 1024x768 or higher. If you are using an older monitor that has 800x600, you won't see the whole video. (I don't know if they run at that resolution or not.)

Are you able to move the video window so you can see the Analysis Window part of the video?

Glenn

Joseph B. Modica
03-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks Glen for your post. Much appreciated. When I change my resolution to 1024 x 768, then I was able to see the full screen of the Analysis Window during the Help video. The only problem is of course the size of the fonts, etc. I would then need to revert back to 800 x 600.

To your other question: I am unable to size the windows when viewing the video. I can move the video window, but I am unable to size it. Hence, I do see the Analysis Window (with 800 x 600), but only half of it.

Thanks for your help.
--Joe