PDA

View Full Version : Really cool website

jakemccarty
03-05-2006, 08:43 PM
I wanted to alert you all about a fantastic website called InscriptiFact. It contains a very large collection (which continues to grow daily) of all things related to Biblical Studies. You can access extremely high-quality photos taken in different lights, angles, of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the major Greek manuscripts, Semitic inscriptions, Ugaritic material, Sumerian--everything. They even include Aramaic incantation bowls, latin epigraphy, proto-Sinaitic inscriptions, Nabatean, etc...

This is a great opportunity to access the primary data of the ancient Near East and Mediterranean world--something that has only been recently made available. Although looking at the texts/tablets that we study may appear to only be the obligatory excersize for academics, I would strongly encourage those of you in more church-related ministries to take a look at this. After all, the people of The Book Which Can't Be Named lived in a context.

This is a really fantastic website and I encourage you to check it out. It's mainly run through USC and you have to fax in a request for a username/password.

Gontroppo
03-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi Jake
Could you pass on the web address, please?
Also what is USC?
David McKay
www.davidmckay.info (http://www.davidmckay.info)

Michael Hanel
03-06-2006, 12:06 AM
At the risk of making you feel too naive: http://www.inscriptifact.com/

jakemccarty
03-06-2006, 08:32 AM
USC = University of Southern California. It's a fairly large (and prestigious) college with a good football team.

Gontroppo
03-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Hi Jake.
Not all contributors to this website are American.
However, I have heard of Chico University and I have purchased 2 books in the Harvard University bookshop when I visited Boston in 2003.
David McKay :p

jakemccarty
03-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi Jake.
Not all contributors to this website are American.
However, I have heard of Chico University and I have purchased 2 books in the Harvard University bookshop when I visited Boston in 2003.
David McKay :p

My apologies.

Just out of curiosity: does anybody use this website?

David Kummerow
03-14-2006, 01:39 AM
My apologies.

Just out of curiosity: does anybody use this website?

Well I shall now that I am aware of it! If only BW had the Hebrew inscriptions, though!

David Kummerow.