PDA

View Full Version : TEXTKRITIK des Neuen Testaments

jfidel
03-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Could someone tell me where I might find this resource in BW7? Did it require something special to be done on install, as I am unable to locate it.

Thanks,

John

Michael Hanel
03-05-2006, 01:28 PM
It is the Tischendorf textual variant "module." It is found under Resources: Textual Criticism: Tischendorf, NT Apparatus. Opening up that HTML Help file contains three resources: 1. Tischendorf apparatus 2. Gregory's Textkritik (auf Deutsch) and 3. von Soden's Die Schriften des Neuen Testaments

jfidel
03-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Thank you for the clarification. I had the apparatus in BW 6, so is this just an update rather than a new resource?

John

Michael Hanel
03-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Well no I guess I misspoke. TEXTKRITIK is *in* the Tischendorf HTML help file (scroll down and click on the Gregory's Textkritik. Below that is Von Soden's. So I lied. It's NOT the same as Tischendorf, it's just in the Tiscendorf HTML Help file but it is a different resource. I guess I myself haven't done enough snooping into them :)

jfidel
03-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks,

I found it. I expected it to be translated into English. At least I know what and where it is.

Thanks,

John Fidel

MTan
03-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi All-

Clint Yale has added an introduction to the whole Tisch/TK module. here's what it says:

Introduction to the Bibleworks electronic versions of
the Greek New Testament TEXTKRITIK
and von Soden Textual Apparatii details

(1) Tischendorf [TI8] Eighth edition 1869-1872 in Three volumes.
Constantin von Tischendorf (1815-1874)
Editio octava critica maior
Before Tischendorf's time the number of known Greek New Testament manuscripts totalled a mere 1,000. The third volume of Tischendorf edited by Gregory lists 3,060.
The BibleWorks electronic version of:
(2) Gregory [GR] Textkritik 1901 in three volumes.
In 1908 Gregory published Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testaments and the number of known papyri advanced to 14 , the uncials to 0161, the miniscules to 2304 and the lectionaries to l1565 for a total of 4,044. Gregory later raised the number to 4079. These manuscripts are cataloged in Textkritik which is the amplified version of the old DIE LISTE Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testaments which has been replaced by the standard catalog of Greek New Testament manuscripts = KURZGEFASSTE LISTE DER GRIECHISCHEN HANDSCHRIFTEN DES NEUEN TESTAMENTS edited by Kurt Aland available from DE GRUYTER, [1994].
Caspar Rene Gregory(1846-1917) editor of Gregory's Textkritik replaces the third volume of Tischendorf's Eighth edition. In this volume manuscript entries include von Soden numbers. These von Soden numbers are linked to volume 1 in von Soden's Prolegomena. von Soden gives the details of the various manuscripts in much the same way that Gregory did in Textkritik. i.e. location of manuscript, size, columns, portions of Scripture text etc.
The database located in BibleWorks links to Tischendorf and von Soden. This provides the first electronic edition of a key to von Soden which is the most cryptic textual apparatus in existence. When the electronic edition of von Soden's critical apparatus is finished it will be linked to Tischendorf and Gregory automatically because of the GNTTAC coding used.
The Bibleworks electronic edition of:
(3) von Soden [SD] Greek New Testament with full apparatus 1902-1913 in four volumes.
Hermann Frieherr von Soden (1852-1914) Die Schriften des Neuen Testaments in ihrer altesten erreichbaren Textgestalt hergestellt auf Grund ihrer Textgeschichte I.e., "The Writings of the New Testament, restored to their earliest attainable form on the basis of their textual history."
The database located in BibleWorks only includes von Soden's descriptions of the various uncial and miniscule manuscripts from pages 102-289 at present. These manuscripts have been encoded with their respective Tischendorf and Gregory designations. Volumes 2 and 3 have been scanned and are in the process of being tagged and proofed. Volume 1 has been proofed and tagged. These three volumes represent approximately 120,000 lines of text. It is a massive undertaking
The Greek New Testament of von Soden has been finished and is being processed for inclusion into the Bibleworks family of Greek New Testaments.
"Von Soden's edition is a necessary tool for textual critics. Part I is a vast quarry of information that is unavailable elsewhere. Von Soden's studies in the Koine text constitute pioneering research: the groups he distinguished, including even the congeries of groups he assembled under the label of the I text, provide extensive evidence for the establishment of manuscript groups and families. Many of the spectacular discoveries made in recent decades may be found anticipated in von Soden's work, sometimes in a well-developed form. The text volume with its wealth of variant readings is also a useful source of information (despite its distribution into two, and frequently three, apparatuses)." The Text Of The New Testament, Aland, Kurt translated by Erroll F. Rhodes, pg 22, 1995.