PDA

View Full Version : BW7 Crashes

MGVH
03-03-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm on the latest update (the s version) of BW7, and the program is crashing on me 2-5 times per day. Below is a copy of an email I sent BW support, but it might be helpful to them if they knew that others were experiencing the same issue. If you do, please add a confirmation note to this thread.

I am still having regular crashes (third time today), but I would be hardpressed to be able to reproduce the problem.
Most times when the program crashes and freezes, I've been doing nothing more than moving the mouse. BUT what is appearing almost every time when this happens is that in the Word Analysis window is displayed the Copyright and Source Information for one of the versions I'm using.

Mark Eddy
03-04-2006, 02:10 AM
What is the "version I am using"? The s update fixed the crashes I was having with the BYZ version information in the Analysis Window. Is another version now problematic?
Mark Eddy

MBushell
03-04-2006, 03:04 AM
Mark,
Can you send me your INI file. And make sure you have the latest exe. There may have been more than one s version. If no ipdates appear in your updater list, then you have the right one.
Mike

jlaning
03-04-2006, 03:22 PM
I have the latest "s" update, and am experiencing precisely the same thing. It frequently crashes when I am only moving the mouse. In my case, the copyright info that showed up in the window was for the SCR version after one crash, the BYZ version after another crash, and the NKJ version after a third crash. What was consistent is that the copyright info for some version is displayed when it crashes.

jlaning
03-08-2006, 02:30 PM
I recently installed the "u" update, and have not had a crash since. This update is mentioned in the "Program Database and Updates" Forum, under the heading of 7.0 Preview Fix: Random Crash. There you will find an explanation of how to obtain it.