PDA

View Full Version : Fix request re popups that are hard to read

Adamsen
02-27-2006, 05:51 AM
I almost always use an external screen in addition to the screen of my laptop (quite nice!). However, although Windows/Bibleworks 7 is capable of distinguishing between the two, so that I can maximize e.g. the Lexicon Browser to the either, popups go beyond the window from where it popups and thus beyond the screen of this window unto the other screen. I always have the external screen to the left of my laptop. The popups then go to the laptop screen to the right. It is almost impossible to read scripture popups that spans parts of two screens. Would it be possible to fix this? I hope so.

In advance, thank you.

Georg

Mark Eddy
02-27-2006, 05:30 PM
I suggest that you send this request to BW Support.
During beta testing the placement and size of the popup windows was altered, so that it would not run off screen. But I don't think any of us tried using BW7 on two different screens at the same time. So I don't know what it might take to make your display more useful.
Mark Eddy

Ben Spackman
02-27-2006, 05:45 PM
I ran dual screen during beta testing, with the secondary screen to the left, and had no problems.

Edit: though occasionally, help screens or other things open stretched across both screens. It was not repeatable, though.

Adamsen
02-28-2006, 05:09 AM
I ran dual screen during beta testing, with the secondary screen to the left, and had no problems.

Edit: though occasionally, help screens or other things open stretched across both screens. It was not repeatable, though.

I see the following, given that the laptop is my screen 1 (1400x1050) and the external screen (either an IBM G72 running 1024x768 or an LG Electronics 1730P 1280x1024 pivoted with Pivot Pro 8.04) as screen 2, placed to the left.

I run BW 7 at screen 1 and open the Lexicon Browsers or Resources such as Wallace ESNT and move them to screen 2 where I maximize them. If I maximize these windows, they fill out the screen (screen 2) as expected. However, many Scripture popups from references to the right in the windows are displayed both on screen 2 and screen 1. It would be much easier to read the popups, if they were moved to the left so that all of the popup was over its parent (?) window.

This is a consistent behaviour on my system.

Georg

Adamsen
08-14-2006, 06:44 AM

I run BW 7 at screen 1 and open the Lexicon Browsers or Resources such as Wallace ESNT and move them to screen 2 where I maximize them. If I maximize these windows, they fill out the screen (screen 2) as expected. However, many Scripture popups from references to the right in the windows are displayed both on screen 2 and screen 1. It would be much easier to read the popups, if they were moved to the left so that all of the popup was over its parent (?) window.

This is a consistent behaviour on my system.

Georg

I think I have found out how to avoid this problem. So far it seems that it is always to make the pop up appear in a new position where it does not span across two monitors. It all depends on where the mouse pointer enters the mouse-over area of the popup acitivated link. It took me a while to learn it. It is fine, at it is. :)

Georg

Adamsen
08-21-2006, 10:56 AM
I think I have found out how to avoid this problem. So far it seems that it is always to make the pop up appear in a new position where it does not span across two monitors. It all depends on where the mouse pointer enters the mouse-over area of the popup acitivated link. It took me a while to learn it. It is fine, at it is. :)

Georg

The feature mentioned above works only in the helpfile-type e-books, but not in the Lexicon Browser. In the Lexicon Browser the only workaround seems to resize the window so there is enough space around the Lexicon Browser Window. The popup windows do not only use both monitors, but they also appear in part outside the monitors.

So I am sorry to say that there is still room for an improvement here.

Georg